It goes without saying that insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Insureds who get price comparisons will probably buy a new policy because there is a good probability of getting low-cost coverage. A recent insurance study revealed that consumers who shopped around saved an average of $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the best rates on Mercury Sable insurance is the reason you’re here, then learning about the best way to quote and compare insurance rates can help make the process easier and more efficient.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Las Vegas is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers that sell auto insurance in Nevada.
- First, try to comprehend how insurance works and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as traffic citations and an unfavorable credit rating can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for your new policy. As soon as you receive it, put the certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Nevada. If you wish to find the cheapest car insurance in NV, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Lower rate quotes with discounts
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but you can get discounts that you may not even know about. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give lower prices if you buy life insurance from them.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to look at where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
To find auto insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Nevada, click this link.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
Many people would rather sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
After completing this quick form, your insurance data is emailed to insurance agents in Las Vegas who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you would need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
When finding a reliable insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance agents can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types of agents can sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand why they differ because it can impact your agent selection.
These agents write business for a single company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Las Vegas who can help you get rate quotes.
Juan Diaz – State Farm Insurance Agent
1718 S Eastern Ave – Las Vegas, NV 89104 – (702) 489-4242 – View Map
Farmers Insurance: Kenny Redelsperger
4045 Spencer St #114 – Las Vegas, NV 89119 – (702) 735-0926 – View Map
GEICO Insurance Agent
3315 W Craig Rd #110 – North Las Vegas, NV 89032 – (702) 643-0057 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are not limited to a single company so they can write business with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally which makes it simple for you. When comparing insurance rates, you definitely need to include a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below are Las Vegas independent insurance agents that can give you comparison quotes.
All Around Insurance Agency, Inc.
3970 N Tenaya Way #110 – Las Vegas, NV 89129 – (725) 696-7707 – View Map
9960 W Cheyenne Ave #240 – Las Vegas, NV 89129 – (702) 965-3680 – View Map
Family Trust Insurance, LLC
6420 W Spring Mountain Rd #20 – Las Vegas, NV 89146 – (702) 212-3838 – View Map
You are unique and your insurance should be too
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique and your policy should reflect that.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if you will benefit from professional help.
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Nevada?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Mercury Sable is totaled?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Is my Mercury Sable covered if I use it for business?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Informed Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Prices
An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that help determine your insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to lower insurance prices. Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but some are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” used by insurance companies to determine prices.
- Your address can influence premiums – Having an address in a rural area has definite advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. People who live in big cities tend to have more aggressive driving styles and more time behind the wheel. More time commuting means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- Discounts for alarm systems – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Systems that thwart thieves like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent auto theft.
- Continuous coverage saves money – Having a lapse in insurance coverage can be a sure-fire way to pay more for insurance. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage could result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may then have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Nevada motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- What type of car, truck or SUV do you drive? – The type of vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. Smaller low performance passenger vehicles normally have pretty low rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
- How many coverages with the same company – Some insurance companies give a discount to policyholders who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, you may still want to compare other Las Vegas Sable insurance rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still save more without the discount by buying insurance from more than one company.
Insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, insurance is required in Nevada but it also protects you in many ways.
First, most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Mercury at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Cheaper insurance is out there
Affordable Mercury Sable insurance in Las Vegas can be found online and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not provide online rate quotes and many times these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agents.
We covered some good ideas how you can shop for Mercury Sable insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Teenage Males in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Las Vegas Auto Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)