A recent car insurance study discovered that nearly 70% of consumers have been with the same company for four years or more, and approximately 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. American consumers could pocket roughly 47% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they think it’s difficult to go online and compare rates.
The most effective way to get discount Honda Fit insurance is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Las Vegas. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as distracted driving and an unfavorable credit rating can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
A good piece of advice is to compare identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rates from every company you can. This enables an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Companies offering low-cost Honda Fit price quotes in Las Vegas, NV
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Nevada. To get the cheapest auto insurance in Las Vegas, NV, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Premium rates and analysis
The table displayed below showcases a range of coverage costs for Honda Fit models. Knowing how insurance prices are established is important for making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fit Sport VSA||$190||$438||$246||$14||$74||$962||$80|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in garaging location in Las Vegas which can influence insurance rates noticeably.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Honda Fit insurance premiums for different insured age categories. The costs are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Annual premiums comparing men and women in Las Vegas
The information below shows the difference between Honda Fit insurance prices for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Honda Fit insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The rate quotes are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no clear-cut rule of when to eliminate physical damage insurance, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Honda Fit book value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $2,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying more than $200 a year to have full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some conditions where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Smart Buyers Can Reduce Their Insurance Prices
Many things are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but others are less obvious such as your marital status or your commute time.
- Keep the miles off and save – The more you drive your Honda each year the higher your rates will be. A lot of companies charge rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles that are left in the garage receive better premium rates than those used for commuting. Having the wrong rating on your Fit can cost quite a bit. It’s a smart idea to ensure your insurance policy is rated on the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Lower performance equals lower insurance premiums – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a big difference in your premium level. The cheapest insurance rates are for the lowest performance passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The next chart assumes a single male driver age 40, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Honda Fit policy rates compared to other makes and models that have different performance risks.
With age comes lower costs – More experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers. Teen drivers are statistically shown to be careless and easily distracted when driving with friends therefore insurance rates are much higher.
The following data uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- How much liability insurance do you need? – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection in the event that you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Don’t cancel your policy without a new one in place – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a fast way to increase your insurance rates. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance will get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Credit history impacts prices – An insured’s credit history factor in calculating your premium rate. So if your credit history could use some work, you may save money insuring your Honda Fit by improving your credit score. Insureds that have high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have worse credit.
- Compare rates if you combine your policies – Some insurance companies provide discounts to insureds that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount, you may still want to get quotes from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most. You may still be able to save even more than the discount even if you insure with multiple companies
Careless driving means higher prices – How you drive impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Having a single driving citation may increase your cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Careful drivers have lower premiums as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have severe citations such as DUI or reckless driving are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s licensing department in order to keep their license.
The information below shows how violations and at-fault collisions increase Honda Fit insurance rates for different age groups. The information is based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Insurance loss statistics a Honda Fit – Car insurance companies analyze historical claim data when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that are shown to have higher number or severity of losses will have increased rates.
The table below illustrates the insurance loss data for Honda Fit vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are 100 or greater point to more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Honda Fit Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Fit 89 78 90 99 97 92BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance rates and discounts
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can help lower your rates. Many discounts should be triggered when you purchase, but a few must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- E-sign – A few insurance companies will provide an incentive for completing your application online.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Life Insurance – Some insurance companies give a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Las Vegas Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can get you a discount because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents pay less when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO allow you one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Student Discounts – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive lower premium rates.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
The illustration below shows the difference between Honda Fit insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The data is based on a female driver, no violations or claims, Nevada state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
Auto insurance companies that may have these money-saving discounts are:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts may not be offered in your area. To choose providers who offer cheap Honda Fit insurance quotes in Las Vegas, click here.
Local Las Vegas car insurance agents
Many people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a smart move A nice benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local insurance agents is definitely important in Las Vegas.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance data gets sent to participating agents in Las Vegas who will give you bids for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to quote rates from one company in particular, you would need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
If you want to use a reliable insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies from which to choose. Agencies in Las Vegas are classified as either exclusive or independent.
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part.
When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you compare prices from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Below are Las Vegas independent insurance agents who may provide pricing information.
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Las Vegas that can give you rate quotes.
Juan Diaz – State Farm Insurance Agent
1718 S Eastern Ave – Las Vegas, NV 89104 – (702) 489-4242 – View Map
LaDonna Koeller – State Farm Insurance Agent
4275 N Rancho Dr #155 – Las Vegas, NV 89130 – (702) 636-9447 – View Map
Selecting a auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- How long has the business existed?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
Nevada car insurance companies ranked
Insuring your vehicle with the top insurer is difficult considering how many choices you have in Las Vegas. The company ratings below may help you decide which car insurance companies to look at comparing rates with.
Top 10 Las Vegas Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Las Vegas Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- The Hartford – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
When in doubt talk to an agent
When selecting your policy, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Does my Honda Fit need full coverage?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Does my Honda Fit qualify for pleasure use?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Cover all your bases
When shopping online for auto insurance, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, delays in responding to claim requests, not issuing a premium refund or even policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
A few companies may not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agencies. The cheapest Honda Fit insurance in Las Vegas is attainable from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Las Vegas agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
More information is available at these links:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Electric Cars in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Welfare Recipients in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)