A recent study showed that 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. Drivers in Nevada could pocket about 35% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don’t understand the benefits if they changed companies.
The most effective way to get cheaper Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Las Vegas is to regularly compare quotes from providers that insure vehicles in Nevada.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like getting speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit score can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article gives more details to help keep prices low and find missing discounts.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The most important part of this process is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Our goal is to introduce you to how car insurance works and some money-saving tips. If you have a current car insurance policy, you will be able to find the best rates using the ideas covered in this article. Nevertheless, Nevada drivers do need to understand how insurance companies calculate your policy premium because rates are impacted by many factors.
Just remember that quoting more will enable you to find more affordable rates. Not every company allows you to get Las Vegas Explorer Sport Trac insurance quotes over the internet, so you should also compare rates on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you get rates from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Rates and statistics
The coverage information below covers detailed analysis of rate quotes for Ford Explorer Sport Trac models. Learning as much as possible about how auto insurance premiums are calculated can aid in making smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Explorer Sport Trac XLT 2WD||$236||$330||$404||$24||$120||$1,114||$93|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited 2WD||$272||$330||$404||$24||$120||$1,150||$96|
|Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4WD||$272||$330||$404||$24||$120||$1,150||$96|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4WD||$306||$402||$404||$24||$120||$1,256||$105|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited AWD||$306||$402||$404||$24||$120||$1,256||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location which can lower or raise price quotes substantially.
Why you need Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Nevada
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Las Vegas, insurance is required by state law in Nevada and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Ford, most banks will require you to have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Ford at an extremely high rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Ford gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having car insurance outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $700 annually so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
What Determines Ford Explorer Sport Trac Insurance Premiums?
Many things are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are less apparent such as whether you are married or your commute time.
The following are a few of the things used by insurance companies to determine rates.
Do males or females drive better? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but men have costlier accidents. Men also tend to receive more major tickets such as reckless driving.
The chart below compares Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no violations or claims, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
- Drive lots and pay more – Driving a lot of miles annually the more you will pay for car insurance. Most insurance companies calculate prices based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars that are left in the garage get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Having the wrong rating on your Explorer Sport Trac can cost quite a bit. Ask your agent if your car insurance declarations sheet is showing how each vehicle is driven.
- How much liability – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you when a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Avoid coverage lapses – Going without insurance will be a guaranteed way to drive up your policy premiums. And not only will insurance be more expensive, the inability to provide proof of insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine.
- Car features can affect rates – Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system help track and prevent auto theft.
- Vehicles with better crash test results lower rates – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce the chance of injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed – There are a lot of extra bells and whistles that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t careful. Things like vanishing deductibles, death and dismemberment, and membership fees may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea at first, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them and pocket the money.
- Save money with high credit – Credit rating is a big factor in your rate calculation. Drivers with excellent credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than those with worse credit. If your credit score is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your Ford Explorer Sport Trac by improving your credit score.
Las Vegas insurance discounts for a Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Some insurance providers don’t list all discounts very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known as well as the least known insurance savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Air Bag Discount – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of 25 to 30%.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model may earn a small discount because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Successfully completing a driver safety class is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Life Insurance Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Ford may enable drivers to earn discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Senior Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 can get better insurance rates.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The information below shows the comparison of Ford Explorer Sport Trac auto insurance costs with and without discounts. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Nevada state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
To see a list of insurance companies with discount insurance rates in Las Vegas, follow this link.
Should I get advice from a local insurance agent?
A lot of people prefer to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from small agencies is important especially in Las Vegas.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Las Vegas who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, just search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Listed below are agents in Las Vegas that can give you price quotes for Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Las Vegas.
- David Habart – State Farm Insurance Agent
2035 Village Center Cir #100 – Las Vegas, NV 89134 – (702) 851-2400 – View Map
- All Nevada Insurance
9440 W Sahara Ave #210 – Las Vegas, NV 89117 – (702) 873-4889 – View Map
- Andy Ballagh – State Farm Insurance Agent
7455 W Azure Dr Suite 110 – Las Vegas, NV 89130 – (702) 562-7504 – View Map
- Jason Paszek – State Farm Insurance Agent
4250 E Bonanza Rd #16 – Las Vegas, NV 89110 – (702) 453-9500 – View Map
Choosing the best insurer should depend on more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Las Vegas?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
Auto insurance company ratings
Finding a high-quality auto insurance company is difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in Nevada. The information in the lists below may help you select which car insurance companies you want to consider comparing rates with.
Top 10 Las Vegas Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Keep this in mind when shopping around
The cheapest Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Las Vegas can be bought on the web and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some companies may not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, high rates after DUI convictions, delays in paying claims and even denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new auto insurance company can be less work than you think.
We covered some good ideas how to save on Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Las Vegas. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest car insurance rates come from the smaller companies.
Even more information can be found in these articles:
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Good Credit in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)