It’s an obvious statement that auto insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Consumers who shop for lower rates are highly likely to switch to a new company because there is a good probability of finding a policy with better rates. A recent insurance study discovered that people who routinely compared quotes saved an average of $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If saving the most money on car insurance in Las Vegas is why you’re reading this, then learning about how to get price quotes and compare cheaper coverage can make it easier for you to save money.
The best way we recommend to find cheaper Chevy Spark EV insurance in Las Vegas is to compare prices once a year from different companies that sell auto insurance in Nevada. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
First, try to learn a little about what is in your policy and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many factors that result in higher prices such as traffic violations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Las Vegas. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, notify your company or agent to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application for your new policy. Be sure to put the proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
One tip to remember is to use identical coverages on each quote and and to get prices from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
If you already have coverage, you will definitely be able to cut your premiums using the techniques presented in this article. We hope to tell you how car insurance works and how to save the most money. But Nevada vehicle owners must know how companies determine premium rates because rates fluctuate considerably.
How to buy Chevy Spark EV insurance online
All major car insurance companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm allow consumers to get pricing direct online. Getting online quotes for Chevy Spark EV insurance in Las Vegas can be done by anyone as all you need to do is type in your personal and coverage information as requested by the quote form. Once entered, their quoting system orders your driving record and credit report and gives you a price quote.
This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s also necessary to do this in order to find a lower rate.
To find out if lower rates are available, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you enter the coverages as close as possible to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will get a rate comparison for similar coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Las Vegas, NV. To buy cheaper auto insurance in Las Vegas, NV, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
Insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Las Vegas, insurance is required in Nevada but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your Chevy and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Chevy gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to save money.
Insurance Rate Influencing Factors
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the factors that are used to determine the price you pay for insurance. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
- The type of car makes a difference – The make and model of the car or truck you are insuring makes a significant difference in your premium level. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Add-on coverages that may not be needed – There are a ton of extra coverages that can waste your money but may not be useful. Things like roadside assistance, accidental death, and membership fees are probably not needed. They may seem good initially, but if they’re wasting money get rid of them and save.
- How do annual miles impact rates? – Driving a lot of miles in a year the higher your rate. Most companies charge rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Autos that have low annual miles receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. Ask your agent if your insurance policy correctly shows how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. An incorrectly rated Spark EV may be costing you.
- Your spouse saves you money – Walking down the aisle can actually save you money on your policy. Marriage translates into being less irresponsible and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Does your vocation raise your premiums? – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs such as lawyers, executives, and emergency personnel usually pay the highest rates due to intense work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. Other careers like actors, historians and retirees get better rates.
- Drivers with good credit save – Having a bad credit score can be a huge factor in calculating your premium rate. Therefore, if your credit history is lower than you’d like, you may save money insuring your Chevrolet Spark EV if you improve your credit rating. Insureds that have high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with poor credit.
- Liability protection – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection when you are responsible for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can cost a lot. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Be proud to be claim-free – Insurance companies in Nevada award the lowest premiums to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
Get cheaper rates by earning discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might be missing out on some discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but a few must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Sign Online – Some companies will provide an incentive get Las Vegas auto insurance on your computer.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with one company you could get a discount of up to 20% and get you affordable Chevrolet Spark EV insurance rates in Las Vegas.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Spark EV can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount may save as much as 25% on a Las Vegas auto insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as Allstate, State Farm and GEICO allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers that enable companies to spy on driving manner by using a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may get a rate reduction if their driving habits are good.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
Some companies that may offer policyholders these money-saving discounts are:
When quoting, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in your area.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
Some consumers still prefer to go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheap insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from local agencies is important especially in Las Vegas.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Las Vegas car insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
When narrowing the list to find an insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents in Las Vegas can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by one company so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent. When comparison shopping, we recommend you get some free quotes from independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. They often place coverage with less well-known companies which can save you money.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Las Vegas who may be able to give you free rate quotes.
- Superior Insurance
2511 Stewart Ave – Las Vegas, NV 89101 – (702) 721-7575 – View Map
- Insurance Specialists – Auto and Home Agency
5025 S Eastern Ave #20 – Las Vegas, NV 89119 – (702) 307-3398 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Sage Insurance Services Inc Agency
1081 S Cimarron Rd, Ste B56 – Las Vegas, NV 89145 – (702) 613-0000 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only place business with one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Las Vegas that are able to give price quotes.
- Marivic Macabasco – State Farm Insurance Agent
1096 E Sahara Ave #207 – Las Vegas, NV 89104 – (702) 892-9908 – View Map
- Jason Paszek – State Farm Insurance Agent
4250 E Bonanza Rd #16 – Las Vegas, NV 89110 – (702) 453-9500 – View Map
- Luria Walker – State Farm Insurance Agent
3124 N Rainbow Blvd – Las Vegas, NV 89108 – (702) 645-3300 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Which family members are covered?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Does their agency support local causes in Las Vegas?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
Nevada car insurance companies
Finding the right auto insurance company can be a challenge considering how many choices drivers have in Las Vegas. The company ratings in the lists below may help you pick which auto insurance companies you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Las Vegas Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Las Vegas Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- The Hartford – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Cheaper car insurance prices are available
There are still a few companies who do not offer online rate quotes and these small insurance companies work with independent agents. Discount Chevy Spark EV insurance is attainable both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can shop for Chevy Spark EV insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a small mutual company.
To read more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Nurses in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)