Locating the cheapest insurance for a new or used Chrysler PT Cruiser in Nevada could be a lot of work, but you can use these tips to save time.
There is a better way to shop for insurance so you’re going to learn the quickest way to price shop coverage for a Chrysler and locate the lowest price from Las Vegas insurance agents and online providers.
Most major insurance companies allow you to get coverage price quotes direct online. Comparing Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance rates online is fairly simple as all you need to do is type in your personal and coverage information as detailed in the form. After you complete the form, the company’s rating system collects information on your driving record and credit history and provides a quote determined by many factors.
Quoting online for Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Las Vegas simplifies rate comparisons, and it is important to perform this step if you want to find the cheapest price possible.
To use this form to compare rates, compare rates from the companies below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input your coverages as shown on your current policy. This way, you will have a fair comparison for the exact same coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Las Vegas, NV. To buy cheap auto insurance in Las Vegas, it’s a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insuring your Chrysler vehicle just makes sense
Even though Las Vegas PT Cruiser insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is required in Nevada but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability in order to be legal. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your PT Cruiser has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Chrysler at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Chrysler PT Cruiser and your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Chrysler as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in Nevada is overpaying over $800 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Rates and detailed analysis
The information displayed next outlines detailed analysis of rate quotes for Chrysler PT Cruiser models. Understanding how auto insurance prices are established can help guide drivers when making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr||$188||$328||$354||$20||$106||$996||$83|
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr||$188||$328||$354||$20||$106||$996||$83|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in specific zip code location which can affect rates significantly.
The information below highlights how deductible choice and can change Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. The premiums are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Car insurance is not cheap, but there may be some discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but occasionally some discounts must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Distant College Student Discount – College-age children who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Safe Driver Discount – Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with the same company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow their car insurance company to monitor driving manner by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they have good driving habits.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts up to 30%.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Chrysler PT Cruiser car insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The price estimates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Nevada state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- Progressive discounts include online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- AAA may offer discounts for multi-policy, good student, pay-in-full, multi-car, anti-theft, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include teen driver, early shopping, switch companies, bundle discounts, electronic funds transfer, multi-car, and mature driver.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for military active duty, anti-lock brakes, good student, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, federal employee, and daytime running lights.
- Esurance offers discounts including Pac-12 alumni, defensive driver, online shopper, anti-lock brakes, safety device, multi-car, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO has discounts for anti-theft, bundle discounts, safe driver, teen safe driver, multi-car, and teen safety rewards.
- State Farm may include discounts for anti-theft, good student, passive restraint, multiple autos, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
If you need affordable Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some discounts listed above might not apply in your area. To choose companies with discount rates in Nevada, click this link.
Insurance agents can help
Always remember that when buying insurance from an agent or online, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. You are unique and your insurance should be unique as well.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Nevada?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.