It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Drivers who get price quotes annually are likely to switch companies because the odds are good of finding lower rate quotes. A recent survey discovered that consumers who regularly shopped around saved on average $3,450 over four years compared to those who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the lowest price for Oldsmobile Bravada insurance in Las Vegas is the reason you’re here, then having some insight into how to compare car insurance can help make the process easier and more efficient.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find low-cost prices for car insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies in Las Vegas.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many things that increase rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and poor credit history can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper Bravada coverage is available. If you find better rates and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. Once coverage is bound, place your new proof of insurance certificate with the vehicle registration.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and the best price quote selection.
If you are insured now, you will surely be able to reduce the price you pay using the concepts you’re about to learn. Buying the cheapest insurance in Las Vegas is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. But Nevada car owners must know how insurance companies calculate your policy premium because it can help you find the best coverage.
Best Oldsmobile Bravada insurance rate quotes in Nevada
The following companies are our best choices to provide free quotes in Las Vegas, NV. To buy cheap auto insurance in NV, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Get cheaper rates on Oldsmobile Bravada insurance in Las Vegas with these six car insurance discounts
Some providers do not advertise every policy discount very well, so the next list breaks down both the well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy Las Vegas auto insurance online.
- Safety Course Discount – Participating in a course in driver safety could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Bravada insurance in Las Vegas.
- Student in College – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Las Vegas without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- Clubs and Organizations – Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Las Vegas could trigger savings on your next car insurance statement.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some car insurance companies provide a discount for switching to them before your current expiration date. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car model may earn a small discount compared to insuring an older model.
Please keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- State Farm includes discounts for good student, anti-theft, multiple policy, accident-free, and multiple autos.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, good student, and online quote discount.
- Travelers may have discounts that include early quote, payment discounts, multi-policy, driver training, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- American Family offers discounts including defensive driver, good driver, good student, Steer into Savings, accident-free, early bird, and mySafetyValet.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for teen driver discount, newly married, multi-car, new vehicle discount, and new graduate.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in every state.
You are unique and your insurance should be too
When selecting adequate coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Exclusive or independent auto insurance agents
A small number of people still like to buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheaper rates and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Las Vegas who want to provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing an company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Any agent in Las Vegas should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- How long has their agency been open in Las Vegas?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
Coverages available on your car insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of your car insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find the usual coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to other people or property. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 15/30/10 that translate to a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, attorney fees and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Nevada state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but drivers should carry higher limits.
The chart below shows why buying the state minimum limits may not be adequate coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for expenses for chiropractic care, rehabilitation expenses, ambulance fees and hospital visits. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Oldsmobile Bravada.
Since many Nevada drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (15/30/10 in Nevada), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Bravada resulting from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as colliding with a tree, sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a mailbox, damaging your car on a curb and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your Bravada in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive car insurance
This will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like damage from flooding, theft, rock chips in glass and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to compare Oldsmobile Bravada insurance prices in Las Vegas. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a small local company. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
More affordable insurance in Las Vegas is attainable from both online companies and with local Las Vegas insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not provide price quotes online and usually these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Company Car in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 60 in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Las Vegas Auto Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)