Nobody I know likes having to buy car insurance, in particular when they could get a better deal.
We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who shop around for the cheapest price will presumably buy a new policy because there is a high probability of finding a more affordable policy. A recent car insurance study revealed that consumers who regularly shopped around saved about $72 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding discount rates on car insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then having some insight into how to compare coverage rates can save time, money, and frustration. Popular companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance persitently shower you with TV and radio ads and it is challenging if not impossible to avoid their marketing magic and take the time to shop coverage around.
Consumers need to compare rates before your policy renews because car insurance prices change frequently. Even if you got the best rates on Audi A6 insurance in Las Vegas at your last renewal there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the only way to find lower rates on car insurance.
If you are insured now or need a new policy, you can use this information to buy cheaper insurance without sacrificing coverage. Locating the best rates in Las Vegas is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. Drivers just need to learn the quickest method to get comparison quotes instantly.
The best way to compare policy rates for Audi A6 insurance in Las Vegas is to realize most larger insurance companies participate in a system to provide you with a free rate quote. The only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information including if the vehicle is leased, your general credit rating, if it has an alarm system, and coverage limits. That information is submitted instantly to all major companies and they return quotes almost instantly.
To compare multiple company cheap Audi A6 insurance rates now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Las Vegas.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Nevada. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Las Vegas insurance discounts for an Audi A6
Car insurance companies do not list their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Las Vegas auto insurance online. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you are throwing money away.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Las Vegas auto insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to scrutinize driving manner through the use of a telematics system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Own a Home – Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Las Vegas auto insurance quote.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount will reduce your premiums.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Audi A6 annual premium costs with and without discounts applied. The information is based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Nevada state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
The best auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- State Farm has discounts for student away at school, multiple policy, safe vehicle, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, and anti-theft.
- GEICO discounts include multi-vehicle, federal employee, good student, membership and employees, daytime running lights, driver training, and defensive driver.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, bundle discounts, safe driver, homeowner, drive less, and teen safety rewards.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for switch companies, teen driver, bundle discounts, electronic funds transfer, business and professional, and alternative fuel.
- AAA may offer discounts for good driver, multi-car, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, and good student.
- USAA offers discounts including vehicle storage, multi-vehicle, loyalty savings, driver training, annual mileage, and military installation.
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in every state. To view insurers with significant discounts in Nevada, click this link.
Audi A6 insurance coverage information
The rate table below outlines detailed analysis of coverage prices for Audi A6 models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance rates are figured can assist in making smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A6 3.2 Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$356||$720||$314||$18||$94||$1,502||$125|
|A6 3.2 Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$356||$720||$314||$18||$94||$1,502||$125|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$356||$720||$314||$18||$94||$1,502||$125|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$356||$720||$314||$18||$94||$1,502||$125|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium Station Wagon||$356||$720||$268||$16||$80||$1,440||$120|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium Plus Station Wagon||$356||$720||$268||$16||$80||$1,440||$120|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$356||$720||$314||$18||$94||$1,502||$125|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Prestige Station Wagon||$356||$720||$268||$16||$80||$1,440||$120|
|A6 4.2 Quattro Prestige 8Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$390||$804||$314||$18||$94||$1,620||$135|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can alter coverage rates greatly.
The information below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Audi A6 annual premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The rates are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Premiums by gender and age
The information below shows the comparison of Audi A6 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Cost of full coverage in Las Vegas
The chart below shows the difference between Audi A6 annual premium costs with and without full coverage. Data assumes no claims or driving citations, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no definitive formula that is best for determining when to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Audi A6 replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $500 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not buy liability only.
What is the best car insurance company in Nevada?
Picking a high-quality insurer can be difficult considering how many choices drivers have in Las Vegas. The rank data shown below could help you decide which coverage providers you want to consider shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Las Vegas Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Las Vegas Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
How Insurers Calculate Audi A6 Insurance Rates
Many things are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, although others are not quite as obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating.
The itemized list below are a few of the “ingredients” that factor into prices.
- Do safer cars cost less to insure? – Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Audi A6 has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Increase comp and collision deductibles to save – Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your Audi. Examples of some claims that would be covered are colliding with a building, hitting a deer, or theft. Your deductibles are the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if you file a covered claim. The more damage repair cost you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Commute or pleasure use – Driving a lot of miles each year the higher your rates will be. A lot of companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Incorrect rating for your A6 may be wasting your money. Double check that your declarations sheet is showing the right rating data.
- Do thieves like your car? – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart car theft.
Type of car determines base rates – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. The most favorable rates are usually found on lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The next chart uses these assumptions: single male driver age 50, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Audi A6 insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have a range of performance risks.
- Your credit score is important – Credit score can be a huge factor in your rate calculation. If your credit score could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Audi A6 by spending a little time repairing your credit. Insureds that have very high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than those with lower credit ratings.
- Never have insurance lapses – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a sure-fire way to increase your renewal premiums. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you a license revocation or jail time. You could then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Nevada motor vehicle department.
Audi A6 insurance loss statistics – Companies include the past claim history for a vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for specific coverages.
The next table shows the collected loss data for Audi A6 vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is a value of 100. Numbers that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Audi A6 Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A6 4dr 2WD 146 112 134 Audi A6 4dr 4WD 153 70 155 53 55 59BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years