The most effective way to find affordable quotes for Kia Soul EV insurance in Las Vegas is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Nevada.
- Step 1: Try to learn about what is in your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many factors that cause rate increases such as traffic citations, accidents, and a low credit rating can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Las Vegas. If you find better rates, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment and a completed application to the new insurer. Once coverage is bound, place the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is that you’ll want to compare similar coverage information on every quote and and to analyze every company you can. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
It’s a known fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Drivers who compare other rates are highly likely to switch car insurance companies because they stand a good chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent car insurance study revealed that people who regularly shopped around saved as much as $3,450 over four years compared to policyholders who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on Kia Soul EV insurance in Las Vegas is your ultimate goal, learning how to find and compare cheaper coverage can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Nevada. To buy cheap auto insurance in Las Vegas, NV, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the lowest rates.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize all their discounts very clearly, so below is a list a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit may lower your rates slightly.
- E-sign – A few larger online companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing over the internet.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Select auto insurance companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- College Student – Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Las Vegas and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few auto insurance companies offer discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Soul EV can save up to 30% because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
Remember that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works.
Popular auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, good student, anti-theft, and air bag.
- American Family offers discounts including accident-free, good student, mySafetyValet, early bird, and TimeAway discount.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Travelers includes discounts for continuous insurance, multi-car, save driver, multi-policy, new car, and driver training.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include pay in full, distant student, early shopping, good student, and teen driver.
- USAA discounts include loyalty savings, military installation, family discount, driver training, safe driver, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for exclusive group savings, new graduate, newly retired, new vehicle discount, newly married, and good student.
Check with every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in Las Vegas. For a list of insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Nevada, click this link.
What Determines Kia Soul EV Insurance Rates?
Multiple criteria are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but other criteria are not as apparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
Are you male or female? – Over time, data shows that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Men and women cause auto accidents in similar numbers, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more major tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
High credit rating translates to low premiums – An insured’s credit score is a big factor in determining your rates. If your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your Kia Soul EV by improving your credit score. Consumers who have very good credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit.
Driver age impacts rates – Older insureds are proven to be safer behind the wheel, are lower risk to insure, and get fewer tickets. Beginning drivers are known to be more careless when driving with friends therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
Drive fewer miles and save – Driving more miles every year the more you will pay for car insurance. A lot of insurance companies rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. Ask your agent if your car insurance coverage states the correct usage for each vehicle. A policy that improperly rates your Soul EV may be costing you.
Occupation reflects on premiums – Do you work in a high-stress field? Jobs like real estate brokers, architects, and emergency personnel are shown to have higher rates than average in part from high stress and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, occupations like professors, athletes and retirees have lower than average premiums.
Never have car insurance lapses – Having a gap between insurance policy dates will be a sure-fire way to increase your rates. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage could earn you fines or a revoked license. You may need to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Nevada motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Lower rates with alarms and GPS tracking – Buying a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Advanced theft deterrents like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder car theft.
Liability insurance claims can be big – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is pretty cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
Local neighborhood agents and insurance
A lot of people would prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a smart decision Insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is that you can obtain cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this short form, the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Las Vegas that can provide free Las Vegas auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you wish to compare rates from one company in particular, just visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an insurance company requires more thought than just the quoted price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
Below are Las Vegas car insurance companies who can help you get rate quotes for Kia Soul EV insurance in Las Vegas.
- Andy Ballagh – State Farm Insurance Agent
7455 W Azure Dr Suite 110 – Las Vegas, NV 89130 – (702) 562-7504 – View Map
- State Farm: Gregory A Moore
4312 W Charleston Blvd – Las Vegas, NV 89102 – (702) 870-9298 – View Map
- Estrella Auto Insurance
2349 E Bonanza Rd – Las Vegas, NV 89101 – (702) 671-4081 – View Map
- A Dependable Insurance Agency
7150 N Durango Dr #130 – Las Vegas, NV 89149 – (702) 880-9000 – View Map
Once you have good feedback to any questions you have and an affordable coverage quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found a company that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles. But keep in mind you can always cancel a policy any time you want so don’t assume you are locked into a specific agent for the entire policy term.
One last thing about your coverage
We just covered many tips how you can find cheaper Kia Soul EV insurance in Las Vegas. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the least-expected company.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, denial of a claim, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, switching auto insurance companies is not as hard as you think.
Low-cost Kia Soul EV insurance in Las Vegas can be bought from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Las Vegas, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not provide rates over the internet and many times these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Used Cars in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Ride Shares in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 60 in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)