Having to pay for high-priced Kia Sorento insurance in Las Vegas can consume your funds and make it hard to pay other bills.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that almost 70% of insureds have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and almost half have never taken the time to shop around. Las Vegas consumers can save 35% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they won’t spend time to find cheaper insurance by shopping around.
Steps to finding affordable quotes for Kia Sorento insurance in Las Vegas
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from different companies in Las Vegas. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many things that increase rates such as getting speeding tickets and your credit history can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. Keep reading for additional ideas to get lower rates and find missing discounts.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A key point to remember is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Companies like Allstate, Progressive and GEICO continually hit you with advertising and it can be hard to sift through the bull and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Just remember that having more price comparisons increases the chance that you will find more affordable rates. Not every company provides online price quotes, so you should also compare rates from them as well.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide quotes in Las Vegas, NV. To get the best car insurance in Las Vegas, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Six discounts for cheap auto insurance quotes
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to you.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents have much lower rates when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory options such as air bags may get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Memberships – Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on auto insurance.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- Military Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your premium rates slightly.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
To find companies who offer cheap Kia Sorento insurance quotes in Las Vegas in Las Vegas, click here.
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Kia Sorento insurance, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Kia at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your Kia Sorento and your assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your Sorento greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $820 a year so compare rates at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How to know if you need help
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Nevada?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
Many people still prefer to talk to a local agent and that is just fine! A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from local agents is important particularly in Las Vegas.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Las Vegas who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to drive around as quotes are delivered to you instantly. Get lower rates without a big time investment. If you need to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you are wanting to find an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents from which to choose. Agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not restricted to one company so they can write business with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you. If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Featured below is a short list of independent agents in Las Vegas who can help you get free auto insurance rate quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Las Vegas that are able to give comparison quotes.
Picking an car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Nevada?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
If you feel you receive reasonable responses to these questions and cheap Sorento insurance quotes, most likely you have located an insurance agent that meets the criteria to properly insure your vehicles. But keep in mind policyholders can cancel coverage at any point so don’t feel you’re contractually obligated to a specific company indefinitely.
Detailed coverages of your car insurance policy
Having a good grasp of your policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are typical coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Sorento from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a building, colliding with another moving vehicle and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Sorento to get cheaper collision coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Kia Sorento.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Usually these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for immediate expenses for things like surgery, X-ray expenses, rehabilitation expenses, pain medications and EMT expenses. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Auto liability insurance
This coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 15/30/10 that translate to $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things such as funeral expenses, pain and suffering, bail bonds, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and medical services. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Nevada state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The chart below shows why buying the state minimum limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, hail damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and theft. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.