Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for more affordable Chevy Sonic insurance in Las Vegas? Cutting costs on Chevy Sonic insurance in Las Vegas can be kind of frustrating for drivers new to comparison shopping online. Drivers have so many companies to choose from that it can easily become a burden to find the best coverage rates.
How to find low-cost Chevy Sonic insurance in Las Vegas
Really, the only way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Las Vegas is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Nevada.
- Read about the coverage provided by your policy and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and poor credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article provides information to help find cheaper rates and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates for many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for your new coverage. Don’t forget to put the certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
A key point to remember is that you use similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get prices from every company you can. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
It’s a known fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Insureds who compare price quotes will most likely move their business because there is a great chance of finding a lower-priced company. A recent survey found that drivers who shopped around saved as much as $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on car insurance is your target objective, understanding how to compare car insurance can help simplify the process.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will surely be able to reduce the price you pay using this information. The purpose of this article is to instruct you on how to compare rates easily and how you can save the most money. Although Nevada car owners must learn the way companies market on the web and use it to find better rates.
Cheap Las Vegas Chevy Sonic insurance
All major insurance companies allow you to get prices for coverage direct online. Doing online price comparisons for Chevy Sonic insurance in Las Vegas is possible for anyone as you simply enter your required coverages into the form. Upon sending the form, the company’s rating system gets credit information and your driving record and returns pricing information based on these and other factors.
Getting online rates for Chevy Sonic insurance in Las Vegas makes it simple to compare prices and it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible in order to find the best insurance rates.
To compare rates using this form now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you input the limits and deductibles just like they are on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will have a price comparison for exact coverage.
The providers in the list below can provide quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If you want the best cheap auto insurance in Las Vegas, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Companies offer money-saving discounts on Chevy Sonic insurance in Las Vegas
Some insurance providers don’t list every possible discount very well, so the following list contains both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new Sonic is cheaper since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a defensive driver class could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies allow discounts for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current Sonic insurance policy. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as Progressive, State Farm and GEICO will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims before the accident.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a discounted insurance rate on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
- Senior Citizens – Seniors can get lower premium rates.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on the same insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But all discounts will cut the amount you pay for coverage.
To see providers that offer discounts in Las Vegas, follow this link.
When should I talk to an agent?
Many people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheaper rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting local agents is important especially in Las Vegas.
Upon completion of this simple form, the quote information is sent to local insurance agents in Las Vegas who will return price quotes for your business. You won’t need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to compare prices from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Las Vegas auto insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
When searching for local Las Vegas agents, there are two different types of agencies that you can select. Insurance agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. If you are comparing insurance prices, you need to get quotes from independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most also write with smaller mutual companies which could offer lower prices.
The following are Las Vegas independent agencies that may be able to provide competitive price quotes.
- Bleecher Insurance
3085 S Jones Blvd – Las Vegas, NV 89146 – (702) 477-7776 – View Map
- Alliance Insurance Agency
1955 E Tropicana Ave h – Las Vegas, NV 89119 – (702) 518-6727 – View Map
- Red Rock Insurance
1958 Village Center Cir #5 – Las Vegas, NV 89134 – (702) 733-0330 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only use the same agent mostly because of the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Las Vegas that are able to give rate quotes.
- Gary Gibson – State Farm Insurance Agent
Ste B3, 3220 S Durango Dr – Las Vegas, NV 89117 – (702) 901-8787 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Sergio A Chavez
4676 W Charleston Blvd – Las Vegas, NV 89102 – (702) 462-9100 – View Map
- Tod Young – State Farm Insurance Agent
7450 W Cheyenne Ave #105 – Las Vegas, NV 89129 – (702) 367-4900 – View Map
Picking an car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Las Vegas?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
When choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Chevy Sonic?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Insuring your Chevy Sonic just makes sense
Even though it can be expensive, buying insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Sonic, almost every bank will require you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your Chevy Sonic and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $800 each year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to save money.
Car insurance coverages for a Chevy Sonic
Understanding the coverages of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many Nevada drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 15/30/10), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Liability coverages – This provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other people or property. It protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 15/30/10 which stand for $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and property damage coverage for $10,000. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for things such as loss of income, court costs, bail bonds, funeral expenses and structural damage. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Nevada requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
The chart below shows why minimum state limits may not be enough coverage.
Collision – This coverage covers damage to your Sonic resulting from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things like backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door, scraping a guard rail, hitting a mailbox and sideswiping another vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible on your Sonic to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive insurance – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for expenses for things like surgery, doctor visits, rehabilitation expenses, pain medications and ambulance fees. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Cheap auto insurance premiums are possible
You just learned a lot of techniques to get a better price on Chevy Sonic insurance in Las Vegas. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Las Vegas car insurance quotes. You may even find the most savings is with the least-expected company.
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, questionable increases in premium, not issuing a premium refund and lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
How to buy low-cost Chevy Sonic insurance in Las Vegas
If you want to save money, the best way to get budget Chevy Sonic insurance in Las Vegas is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers in Nevada.
- Take a little time to learn about what is in your policy and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a substandard credit history can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the newly selected company. Immediately keep the new certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A key point to remember is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to compare all possible companies. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Electric Cars in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Las Vegas Car Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Las Vegas Auto Insurance Rates with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)