It’s hard to fathom, but a large majority of auto insurance policyholders in Nevada kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never shopped around. The average driver in America can cut their rates by roughly $859 a year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rates and save money.
Truthfully, the best way to get cheaper Buick LaCrosse insurance in Las Vegas is to compare prices regularly from different companies who sell auto insurance in Nevada.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as your driving record and a substandard credit score can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. As soon as you receive it, put the new proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A key point to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to compare as many companies as you can. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
If you are already insured or are just looking to switch companies, use these tips to save money and still get good coverage. Choosing the most cost-effective insurance policy in Las Vegas is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. You just need to use the least time-consuming way to compare different rates online.
How to compare Las Vegas Buick LaCrosse insurance rate quotes
Finding a lower price on Buick LaCrosse insurance is a great way to save money. All that’s required is to take time comparing price quotes online from several insurance companies.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it takes the place of having to make phone calls or go to different Las Vegas agent offices. The ability to quote Buick LaCrosse insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you want the professional abilities that you can only get from talking to an agent. It is possible with some companies find lower rates online but still have the advice of a local agent.
The providers in the list below offer free quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Insurance in Nevada serves several purposes
Despite the high insurance cost for a Buick LaCrosse in Las Vegas, insuring your vehicle is required in Nevada but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your LaCrosse, almost every bank will require you to have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Buick at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your Buick. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America overpays more than $750 every year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Buick LaCrosse insurance coverage information
The table shown next showcases different insurance coverage prices for Buick LaCrosse models. Learning how rates are determined can help you make smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lacrosse CXL AWD||$258||$582||$296||$18||$88||$1,242||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in zip code location which can lower or raise rates substantially.
The illustration below highlights how deductible choice and can affect Buick LaCrosse insurance costs for different age groups. The premiums are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The example below shows the difference between Buick LaCrosse auto insurance rates with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The prices are based on no claims or driving citations, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no definitive formula to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Buick LaCrosse settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying over $400 annually to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Discounts can help lower premiums on Buick LaCrosse insurance in Las Vegas
Some insurers don’t always advertise the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list a few of the more common as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Las Vegas car insurance online.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car model can be considerably cheaper because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Renewal Discounts – A few companies allow discounts for signing up prior to your current LaCrosse insurance policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Memberships – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization in Las Vegas is a good way to get lower rates when getting a Las Vegas car insurance quote.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you inexpensive Buick LaCrosse insurance in Las Vegas.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Buick LaCrosse annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The information is based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Nevada state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, marriage, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few companies that may offer policyholders most of these discounts include:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
If you are trying to find inexpensive Las Vegas car insurance quotes, ask all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts may not apply in Las Vegas. To locate companies who offer free Buick LaCrosse insurance quotes in Nevada, follow this link.
Get rate quotes but work with a local Las Vegas insurance agent
Certain consumers would rather have an agent’s advice and often times that is recommended Licensed agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheaper premium rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around as quotes are delivered directly to you. If for some reason you want to compare prices for a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. A good agent in Las Vegas will have answers to these questions.
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Las Vegas?
- How long has the business existed?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Is coverage determined by price?
If you’re trying to find a reputable agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents that you can select. Insurance agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can write policy coverage, but it is a good idea to know the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Las Vegas who may provide you with price quotes.
LaDonna Koeller – State Farm Insurance Agent
4275 N Rancho Dr #155 – Las Vegas, NV 89130 – (702) 636-9447 – View Map
Franco Vitiello – State Farm Insurance Agent
3370 S Hualapai Way #140 – Las Vegas, NV 89117 – (702) 648-6642 – View Map
GEICO Insurance Agent
3315 W Craig Rd #110 – North Las Vegas, NV 89032 – (702) 643-0057 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. When searching for an agent, you will want to get several quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Las Vegas willing to provide rate quotes.
Alliance Insurance Agency
1955 E Tropicana Ave h – Las Vegas, NV 89119 – (702) 518-6727 – View Map
3481 E Sunset Rd #100 – Las Vegas, NV 89120 – (702) 220-8640 – View Map
Invest America Insurance LLC
6190 W Charleston Blvd – Las Vegas, NV 89146 – (702) 685-3888 – View Map
If you get good responses to any questions you have as well as a price you’re happy with, you may have just found an insurance agency that meets your needs to properly service your insurance policy.
Cheap insurance is out there
Some companies may not provide rate quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agencies. Discount Buick LaCrosse insurance is attainable from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Las Vegas agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection.
When getting Las Vegas car insurance quotes online, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
To read more, take a look at the resources below:
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Felons in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Las Vegas Auto Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)