How long has it been since you compared quotes for low-cost auto insurance rates in Las Vegas, NV? Las Vegas drivers have many options when trying to find the lowest priced Lincoln Navigator insurance. You can either spend your time calling around to compare prices or utilize the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find auto insurance online and you need to know the proper way to price shop coverage for a new or used Lincoln and obtain the lowest possible price.
You need to price shop coverage at least once a year because prices are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the best quotes on Lincoln Navigator insurance in Las Vegas two years ago you can probably find a better rate now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because it’s time to teach you the easiest way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Cut your insurance rates with these ten discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be available discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Most are applied when you complete an application, but a few need to be asked for before being credited.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a family member in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Some insurance carriers give a discounted price on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- Online Discount – Certain insurance companies give back up to $50 for completing your application on their website.
- Drive Less and Save – Low annual miles could earn substantially lower premium rates.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a house in Las Vegas may earn you a small savings because it requires personal responsibility.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Good Students Pay Less – Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring several vehicles with one company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
A little disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Lincoln Navigator insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The costs are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Nevada state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Some companies that have most of these discounts possibly include:
If you want affordable Las Vegas auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts may not apply in your state. For a list of insurers who offer insurance discounts in Las Vegas, follow this link.
Finding low cost insurance prices can be quick and easy. The only requirement is to spend a little time comparing free Las Vegas auto insurance quotes to find out which insurance company has the cheapest Lincoln Navigator rate quotes.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Las Vegas, NV. If you want the best car insurance in Nevada, it’s highly recommended you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance coverage analysis
The data table shown below outlines different insurance policy prices for Lincoln Navigator models. Being able to understand how rate quotes are determined can be useful when making decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Navigator L 2WD||$268||$438||$308||$18||$92||$1,124||$94|
|Navigator L 4WD||$268||$438||$308||$18||$92||$1,124||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in your specific Las Vegas location which can modify rates substantially.
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Lincoln Navigator insurance rates for each different age group. The data is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Do I need special coverages?
When choosing your policy for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance should reflect that
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Are my friends covered when driving my Lincoln Navigator?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Nevada?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Las Vegas?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Local agents and auto insurance
Many people just prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is OK! Good agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. The best thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheaper prices and still buy from a local agent. And buying from neighborhood agents is important especially in Las Vegas.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Las Vegas that provide free Las Vegas auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you need to quote rates for a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing an company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Las Vegas, get answers to these questions.
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Nevada?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- How long has the business existed?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
If you receive answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, most likely you have located an insurance company that meets the criteria to provide auto insurance coverage.
Car insurance coverages 101
Knowing the specifics of car insurance aids in choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find typical coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Navigator caused by collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as backing into a parked car, sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a parking meter and crashing into a ditch. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your Navigator in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property in an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 15/30/10 which stand for a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and property damage coverage for $10,000. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers things such as medical services, attorney fees, bail bonds and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Nevada state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The next chart shows why buying minimum limits may not be enough.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Lincoln Navigator.
Due to the fact that many Nevada drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 15/30/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Usually the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Insurance for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for bills for things like doctor visits, dental work, prosthetic devices and surgery. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like damage from getting keyed, rock chips in glass, vandalism, hitting a bird and fire damage. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Cheaper car insurance is a realistic goal
We just covered a lot of ways to lower your Lincoln Navigator insurance premium rates in Las Vegas. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Las Vegas auto insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest premium rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. They may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Some car insurance companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents. The cheapest Lincoln Navigator insurance in Las Vegas can be bought from both online companies and with local Las Vegas insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Steps to finding affordable Lincoln Navigator insurance in Las Vegas
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get low-cost Lincoln Navigator insurance in Las Vegas is to regularly compare prices from different companies who provide car insurance in Nevada. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- Learn about coverages and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment and a completed application for your new coverage. As soon as you can, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Additional information is available on the following sites:
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teenagers in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Las Vegas Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Las Vegas Car Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)