It's shocking but about 70% of customers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Drivers in Nevada could save an average of about $550 each year just by comparing rates, but they don't want to take the time to compare other rate quotes.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get affordable Ford F-150 insurance in Las Vegas is to compare quotes once a year from providers that sell auto insurance in Nevada.
- First, get an understanding of how car insurance works and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a poor credit score can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Read the full article for more information to help keep rates affordable and get bigger discounts.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to compare identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and a thorough price selection.
If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, you can use these techniques to reduce premiums without reducing coverage. Our goal is to help you learn how auto insurance companies operate and also save some money in the process Comparison shoppers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to compare different rates from many different companies.
Best companies for affordable Ford F-150 insurance in Nevada
The auto insurance companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Las Vegas, NV. In order to find cheaper car insurance in NV, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Facts and figures for Ford F-150 insurance
The premium table displayed below highlights a range of insurance rates for Ford F-150 models. Having a good grasp of how policy rates are calculated can aid in making smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$146||$204||$324||$20||$96||$790||$66|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$146||$260||$324||$20||$96||$846||$71|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$146||$260||$324||$20||$96||$846||$71|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$146||$260||$324||$20||$96||$846||$71|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$146||$260||$324||$20||$96||$846||$71|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$166||$260||$324||$20||$96||$866||$72|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$166||$260||$324||$20||$96||$866||$72|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$166||$260||$324||$20||$96||$866||$72|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$166||$260||$324||$20||$96||$866||$72|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$166||$260||$324||$20||$96||$866||$72|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$166||$260||$324||$20||$96||$866||$72|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$166||$260||$324||$20||$96||$866||$72|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$166||$260||$324||$20||$96||$866||$72|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$188||$260||$324||$20||$96||$888||$74|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$188||$260||$324||$20||$96||$888||$74|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$188||$260||$324||$20||$96||$888||$74|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$188||$318||$324||$20||$96||$946||$79|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$188||$318||$324||$20||$96||$946||$79|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$188||$318||$324||$20||$96||$946||$79|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$188||$318||$324||$20||$96||$946||$79|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$188||$318||$324||$20||$96||$946||$79|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$188||$318||$324||$20||$96||$946||$79|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$188||$318||$324||$20||$96||$946||$79|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$188||$318||$324||$20||$96||$946||$79|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$188||$318||$324||$20||$96||$946||$79|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$188||$374||$324||$20||$96||$1,002||$84|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$188||$374||$324||$20||$96||$1,002||$84|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$188||$374||$324||$20||$96||$1,002||$84|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$210||$374||$324||$20||$96||$1,024||$85|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$210||$374||$324||$20||$96||$1,024||$85|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$210||$374||$324||$20||$96||$1,024||$85|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can revise coverage rates considerably.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The example below illustrates the difference between Ford F-150 auto insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Nevada. The costs are based on no claims or violations, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There isn't a steadfast formula for excluding comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Ford F-150 settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it's costing you more than $700 annually for full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some scenarios where removing full coverage is not advised. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
The Ford F-150 Insurance Cost Equation
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that aid in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with cheaper rates. Many things are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, although some other factors are not as apparent like where you live or your financial responsibility.
The items below are just a few of the factors used by companies to determine your premiums.
- Get better rates if married - Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on your auto insurance policy. Having a significant other usually means you are less irresponsible and statistics prove married couples file fewer claims.
The type of vehicle makes a difference - The performance of the car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. The most favorable rates are for lower performance four cylinder passenger models, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The chart below assumes a married male driver age 20, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Ford F-150 car insurance rates compared to other makes and models that have a range of performance rating factors.
- Lower prices with alarms and GPS tracking - Choosing to buy a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
Does auto insurance cost less for females? - Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Males and females get in at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but guys tend to have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men have more aggressive citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
The chart below shows the difference between Ford F-150 auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
- Know your vehicle's crash test rating - Cars with high safety ratings cost less to insure. These vehicles reduce occupant injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates.
- Good credit scores equal low premiums - An insured's credit history is likely to be a major factor in your rate calculation. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower credit ratings. Therefore, if your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Ford F-150 by repairing your credit.
Ford F-150 claim probability - Insurers use historical loss data when setting premium prices. Models that are shown to have high amounts or severity of claims will have a higher cost to insure. The table below illustrates the insurance loss data for Ford F-150 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average is set at 100. Numbers under 100 represent a good loss history, while percentages above 100 point to more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Ford F-150 Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford F-150 SuperCab 4WD 67 110 39 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2WD 42 93 72 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4WD 75 76 101 56 57 76BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheaper rates by receiving discounts
Some companies do not advertise every discount they offer in a way that's easy to find, so the list below details some of the best known as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Student in College - Older children who are attending college and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- Accident Free - Drivers who don't have accidents can earn big discounts when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Driving Data Discount - Las Vegas drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to look at their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Options like air bags can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Active or former government employment can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- Use Seat Belts - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Club Memberships - Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Having more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
Consumers should know that some credits don't apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Ford F-150 car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The prices are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Nevada state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
If you would like to view providers with discount rates in Nevada, click this link.
When to have guidance from an agent
A small number of people would rather talk to a local agent and that is just fine! Most agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get better rates and still have a local agent. And supporting local agents is especially important in Las Vegas.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to companies in Las Vegas who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If you need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Las Vegas for you
When finding a reliable agent, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they work. Agents in Las Vegas are considered either exclusive or independent. Both types can do a good job, but we need to point out the subtle differences because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not locked into one company so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company which requires no work on your part. When searching for an agent, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison. Most also write with companies you've never heard of which may have better rates.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agents in Las Vegas who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Balsiger Insurance
3481 E Sunset Rd #100 - Las Vegas, NV 89120 - (702) 220-8640 - View Map
- Harrison Insurance Agency
724 S 9th St - Las Vegas, NV 89101 - (702) 648-1634 - View Map
- Estrella Auto Insurance
2349 E Bonanza Rd - Las Vegas, NV 89101 - (702) 671-4081 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They generally cannot provide other company's prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company's products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are Las Vegas exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
- State Farm: Eric James
1350 E Flamingo Rd #14 - Las Vegas, NV 89119 - (702) 836-0953 - View Map
- Franco Vitiello - State Farm Insurance Agent
3370 S Hualapai Way #140 - Las Vegas, NV 89117 - (702) 648-6642 - View Map
- Tom Ferrier - State Farm Insurance Agent
7528 Westcliff Dr - Las Vegas, NV 89145 - (702) 255-7770 - View Map
Picking the best insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- How are claims handled?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- How many years have they been established?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- What companies can they write with?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Nevada?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
If you feel you receive answers to your satisfaction to all your questions and locked in a price quote, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that meets the requirements to adequately provide car insurance.
Best auto insurance in Nevada
Finding a highly-rated car insurance company is difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in Nevada. The ranking information listed below could help you decide which car insurance companies to look at comparing rates with.
Top 10 Las Vegas Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Las Vegas Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Do I just need basic coverages?
When quoting and comparing coverage, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone's needs are different.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Find affordable rates by being thorough
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, not issuing a premium refund, policy non-renewal and even delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Some insurance companies may not offer online quoting and these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agents. Cheaper insurance in Las Vegas can be bought from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Las Vegas agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
As you prepare to switch companies, it's not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut collision coverage to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Las Vegas Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)