Anyone knows that insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. People who get price comparisons are likely to switch car insurance companies because there is a high probability of finding lower prices. A recent survey found that drivers who shopped around annually saved about $3,450 over four years compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding discount rates on Buick Regal insurance is your objective, learning how to choose a company and compare coverages can help make the process easier.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get affordable Buick Regal insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers that sell auto insurance in Las Vegas. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic citations and poor credit history can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed policy application and payment to your new insurance company. As soon as coverage is bound, safely store the certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
A key point to remember is to use identical coverages on every quote request and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Las Vegas is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. If you already have coverage, you stand a good chance to be able to buy cheaper insurance using this strategy. Consumers just have to know the quickest way to compare rate quotes online.
Most larger insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive provide insurance quotes on their websites. Obtaining pricing for Buick Regal insurance in Las Vegas is quite easy because you just enter the coverages you want into the quote form. Upon sending the form, their rating system obtains credit information and your driving record and generates a price based on these factors.
Getting online rates for Buick Regal insurance in Las Vegas simplifies rate comparisons, and it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible in order to find the most affordable premium on insurance.
In order to compare rates using this form now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you type in the coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This guarantees you will receive rate comparison quotes based on similar coverages.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Nevada. If you want to find the cheapest car insurance in Las Vegas, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Lower rate quotes by getting these ten discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there are discounts available to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be asked for in order for you to get them. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Early Switch Discount – Some car insurance companies reward drivers for signing up before your current Regal insurance policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- ABS Braking Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and insure them with the same company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Distant Student – College-age children living away from Las Vegas attending college and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Driver’s Ed – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount should definitely cut the premium cost.
Companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include air bags, defensive driver, automatic seat belts, 55 and older, theft prevention, student driver, and homeowners.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, driver’s education, and anti-theft.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-policy, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, anti-theft, good driver, and pay-in-full.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including newly retired, hybrid vehicle, multi-car, exclusive group savings, and teen driver discount.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers offering car insurance discounts in Las Vegas, click this link.
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Buick Regal insurance, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Regal, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Buick at a much higher premium rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. An average driver in America overpays more than $810 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
When should I contact an agent?
A lot of people still prefer to sit down with an agent. Professional insurance agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Las Vegas that give free quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. If you wish to compare rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an provider is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Is there a local claims center in Las Vegas?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
Two types of Las Vegas car insurance agents
When narrowing the list to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Las Vegas can either be exclusive or independent. Both types can write insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the difference between them because it can factor into the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are well trained in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the brand name rather than low price.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Las Vegas that are able to give price quotes.
- State Farm: Bree Buckles
1000 S Rampart Blvd #14 – Las Vegas, NV 89145 – (702) 869-6600 – View Map
- Franco Vitiello – State Farm Insurance Agent
3370 S Hualapai Way #140 – Las Vegas, NV 89117 – (702) 648-6642 – View Map
- Juan Diaz State Farm®
352 S Jones Blvd – Las Vegas, NV 89107 – (702) 870-0444 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are not employed by one company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing rates, we highly recommend that you get quotes from several independent agencies to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Las Vegas willing to provide rate quotes.
- Harrison Insurance Agency
724 S 9th St – Las Vegas, NV 89101 – (702) 648-1634 – View Map
- Desert Shores Insurance Services
3211 N Tenaya Way #115 – Las Vegas, NV 89129 – (702) 363-8040 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: The Delbrocco Agency
5150 Spring Mountain, Unit 11 – Las Vegas, NV 89146 – (702) 730-0009 – View Map
Specific coverage details
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Liability auto insurance
Liability insurance can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 15/30/10 which stand for a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers things like medical expenses, medical services and attorney fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Nevada state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/10 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The next chart shows why buying low liability limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like fire damage, falling objects, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a deer and theft. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage pays for damage to your Regal resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as crashing into a ditch, crashing into a building, driving through your garage door, scraping a guard rail and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your Regal in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for immediate expenses like doctor visits, EMT expenses, rehabilitation expenses, prosthetic devices and funeral costs. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This gives you protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Buick Regal.
Since many Nevada drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (15/30/10), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.