Are you regretting buying an overpriced car insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you there are lots of Las Vegas residents who feel the same.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that about 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and just under half have never compared rates from other carriers. Most drivers in Nevada could cut their rates by almost 35% a year by just comparing quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to shop their coverage around.
Steps to finding more affordable Kia Forte insurance in Las Vegas
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get low-cost Kia Forte insurance is to compare quotes once a year from different companies in Las Vegas. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
First, try to understand individual coverages and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as traffic violations, accidents, and poor credit history can be remedied by paying attention to minor details. Later in this article we will cover information to help keep rates affordable and find discounts that you may qualify for.
Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Forte coverage is available. If you find a better price, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good piece of advice is to make sure you’re comparing identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Numerous insurers battle to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a insurance company and uncover the absolute best rate on Kia Forte insurance in Las Vegas.
What Affects Kia Forte Insurance Rates?
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that go into determining your insurance rates. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in cheaper rates.
The list below includes some of the items that factor into your prices.
- Poor credit can mean higher costs – An insured’s credit score is a large factor in determining premium rates. Therefore, if your credit history is lower than you’d like, you may save money insuring your Kia Forte if you clean up your credit. People that have excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure than those with poor credit scores.
- The more you drive the more you pay – Driving a lot of miles each year the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Cars that are left in the garage cost less to insure as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Incorrect rating for your Forte is just wasting money. Ask your agent if your policy is showing the correct driver usage.
- Too many insurance claims and you’ll pay more – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Companies in Nevada award better rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Your insurance policy is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Your stress level may be raising your prices – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Careers such as fire fighters, architects, and accountants tend to pay higher average rates due to intense work situations and lengthy work days. On the flip side, occupations like actors, students and performers have lower than average premiums.
- Why do you need liability insurance? – The liability section of your policy will provide protection if ever you are ruled to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Lots of companies apply lower prices to clients who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s always a smart idea to compare other Las Vegas Forte insurance rates to guarantee you are still saving the most. You may still find better rates even if you have your coverage with different companies
Kia Forte insurance claim data – Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Models that have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more to insure. The next table shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Kia Forte vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is considered to be 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentages above 100 point to more losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Kia Forte Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Forte 114 117 103 176 183 144 Kia Forte 114 98 147 Kia Forte 102 102 86BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Getting a more affordable price on insurance is an easy way to save money. You just have to spend a few minutes on the computer getting comparison quotes online with multiple companies.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it replaces the need to make phone calls or go to insurance agencies in your area. The ability to get quotes online has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a complicated situation and need the professional advice of a local agency. Some companies do allow you to comparison shop your insurance online but still have the advice of a local agent.
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in Nevada. To get the cheapest auto insurance in Las Vegas, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Analysis of Kia Forte rates
The premium information shown below outlines different insurance coverage prices for Kia Forte models. Being aware of how policy rates are formulated is important for making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Forte LX 4-Dr Sedan||$190||$306||$372||$22||$112||$1,002||$84|
|Forte EX 4-Dr Sedan||$190||$306||$372||$22||$112||$1,002||$84|
|Forte SX 4-Dr Sedan||$214||$372||$372||$22||$112||$1,092||$91|
|Forte EX 2-Dr Coupe||$214||$438||$422||$24||$126||$1,224||$102|
|Forte SX 2-Dr Coupe||$214||$438||$422||$24||$126||$1,224||$102|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in garaging location in Las Vegas which can affect premium rates significantly.
The example below highlights how deductible selection and can affect Kia Forte premium costs for different age groups. The rates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Why you need car insurance
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Las Vegas, car insurance is mandatory in Nevada but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will force you to have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Kia for a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your car. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $830 a year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Slash your car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be significant discounts to cut the cost considerably. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but a few must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Buy New and Save – Buying insurance on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds who allow data collection to look at driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
The illustration below shows the difference between Kia Forte yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The premiums are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Nevada state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for membership and employees, defensive driver, daytime running lights, federal employee, and air bags.
- SAFECO discounts include safe driver, teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, homeowner, and drive less.
- State Farm includes discounts for driver’s education, accident-free, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, good student, passive restraint, and multiple autos.
- MetLife offers discounts including defensive driver, accident-free, good driver, multi-policy, and claim-free.
- 21st Century has discounts for early bird, driver training, anti-lock brakes, homeowners, automatic seat belts, student driver, and theft prevention.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and good student.
If you need low cost Las Vegas auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Las Vegas. To choose insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Las Vegas, click here.
Car insurance agents can find coverage gaps
Certain consumers just want to go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Most agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting neighborhood agents is especially important in Las Vegas.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to insurance agents in Las Vegas who will return price quotes to get your business. You never need to visit any agencies because prices are sent to you instantly. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
When searching for a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they work. Car insurance policy providers can either be exclusive agents or independent agents. Both insure your vehicles properly, but it’s worth learning how they are different because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not work for one specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you definitely need to compare prices from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below is a partial list of independent agencies in Las Vegas who can help you get free price quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents write business for a single company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. They are well trained on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Las Vegas that can give you rate quotes.
LaDonna Koeller – State Farm Insurance Agent
4275 N Rancho Dr #155 – Las Vegas, NV 89130 – (702) 636-9447 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- How are claims handled?
More effort can pay off
Cheap Kia Forte insurance in Las Vegas is attainable online and with local Las Vegas insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not provide online price quotes and many times these smaller companies sell through independent agencies.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced full coverage only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Kia Forte insurance in Las Vegas
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find affordable quotes for auto insurance rates in Las Vegas is to regularly compare prices from companies who provide auto insurance in Nevada.
First, get an understanding of how insurance works and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
One important bit of advice is that you’ll want to compare the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Even more information can be found by following these links:
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Sonata in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Las Vegas Auto Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)