The best way to get cheaper Ford Expedition insurance in Las Vegas is to annually compare prices from companies who can sell car insurance in Nevada.
Step 1: Try to understand how car insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and a not-so-good credit rating can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for ideas to find cheap prices and find discounts that you may qualify for.
Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to compare as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
Unbelievably, almost 70% of insureds have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and almost half have never taken the time to shop around. Las Vegas insurance shoppers can save $500 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don’t understand the big savings they would realize if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Finding affordable insurance coverage in Las Vegas is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you have insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to cut your premiums using the concepts covered in this article. Although Nevada drivers need to learn the way insurance companies market on the web.
Shop Ford Expedition insurance online
All major insurance companies like State Farm and Allstate provide price estimates on their websites. Comparing Ford Expedition insurance rates online is possible for anyone as you simply type in the coverages you want as requested by the quote form. Once entered, the quote system automatically orders reports for credit and driving violations and returns pricing information based on these factors.
Being able to quote online for Ford Expedition insurance in Las Vegas makes comparing rates easy, and it is imperative to perform this step in order to get the cheapest price on insurance.
If you want to use this form to compare rates, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you type in deductibles and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. This guarantees you’re receiving a rate comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If your goal is to find cheaper car insurance in NV, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though Las Vegas Expedition insurance rates can get expensive, car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Expedition has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Ford at a much higher rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $830 a year so you should quote and compare rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Rates and information analytics
The coverage table below outlines a range of insurance coverage prices for Ford Expedition models. Being able to understand how rates are established can assist in making smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Expedition SSV 2WD||$204||$340||$296||$18||$88||$946||$79|
|Expedition XLT 2WD||$232||$414||$296||$18||$88||$1,048||$87|
|Expedition SSV 4WD||$232||$414||$296||$18||$88||$1,048||$87|
|Expedition XLT 4WD||$232||$414||$296||$18||$88||$1,048||$87|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 2WD||$232||$486||$296||$18||$88||$1,120||$93|
|Expedition Limited 2WD||$232||$486||$296||$18||$88||$1,120||$93|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD||$232||$486||$296||$18||$88||$1,120||$93|
|Expedition King Ranch 4WD||$258||$486||$296||$18||$88||$1,146||$96|
|Expedition King Ranch 2WD||$258||$486||$296||$18||$88||$1,146||$96|
|Expedition Limited 4WD||$258||$486||$296||$18||$88||$1,146||$96|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can alter premiums greatly.
The diagram below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can impact Ford Expedition insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The data is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Cost of full coverage in Las Vegas
The illustration below shows the comparison of Ford Expedition premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The premiums are based on no violations or accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no exact rule of when to drop full coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Ford Expedition book value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $200 a year to have full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Lower-cost Ford Expedition insurance in Las Vegas
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there could be available discounts that can help lower your rates. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but some need to be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Government Employee Discount – Having worked for a branch of the government can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
- Defensive Driver – Passing a driver safety course could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Online Discount – A handful of companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up on the internet.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids who live away from home at college and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Active Military Service – Being on active deployment in the military may lower your prices slightly.
Discounts lower rates, but some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Ford Expedition premium costs with and without discounts. Data assumes a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Nevada state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, multi-car, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, online signing, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- AAA includes discounts for education and occupation, pay-in-full, good student, multi-car, good driver, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for early shopping, pay in full, teen driver, homeowner, and mature driver.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-policy, military active duty, good student, seat belt use, defensive driver, and five-year accident-free.
- Esurance has discounts for claim free, online quote, online shopper, paid-in-full, and Pac-12 alumni.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including accident prevention training, anti-theft, homeowner, drive less, bundle discounts, and multi-car.
- State Farm may have discounts that include Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, driver’s education, accident-free, good student, and multiple policy.
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply everywhere. For a list of car insurance companies with the best discounts in Nevada, follow this link.
Local Las Vegas insurance agents
A small number of people just want to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find better rates but also keep your business local.
By using this simple form, your coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Las Vegas who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to you directly. You can most likely find cheaper rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to get a price quote for a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
If you want a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures that you can select. Agents in Las Vegas can be categorized as either independent or exclusive.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so always compare other rates. They are highly trained on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below are Las Vegas exclusive agents that are able to give rate quotes.
- Chris Lopez – State Farm Insurance Agent
11700 W Charleston Blvd #175 – Las Vegas, NV 89135 – (702) 870-3663 – View Map
- Mike Whitford – State Farm Insurance Agent
6485 N Decatur Blvd #150 – Las Vegas, NV 89131 – (702) 463-2400 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Yukin Kwan
4001 S Decatur Blvd Ste 4 – Las Vegas, NV 89103 – (702) 530-8822 – View Map
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. When shopping rates, you should always compare prices from a few independent agents to maximize your price options. Most have the option of insuring with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Las Vegas who can help you get price quotes.
- AMS Insurance
9960 W Cheyenne Ave #240 – Las Vegas, NV 89129 – (702) 965-3680 – View Map
- Leavitt Group – Leavitt Insurance Agency
7881 W Charleston Blvd #140 – Las Vegas, NV 89117 – (702) 382-4010 – View Map
- Universal Insurance Agency
348 N Nellis Blvd – Las Vegas, NV 89110 – (702) 838-5141 – View Map
After getting acceptable answers to all your questions and an acceptable price quote, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that can be relied on to service your policy.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions might point out if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Ford Expedition?
- What is the ISO rating for a Ford Expedition?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
Affordable Ford Expedition insurance in Las Vegas can be purchased both online and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not have rates over the internet and many times these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to lower your Ford Expedition insurance premium rates in Las Vegas. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a small local company.
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, policy cancellation, high rates after DUI convictions or even denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies is not as hard as you think.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)