A recent study showed that nearly 70% of consumers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared car insurance rates at all. The average driver in America could save about 46.5% each year, but they don’t know the amount of savings they would get if they changed companies.
The recommended way to get discount auto insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Las Vegas. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about how insurance works and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many things that increase rates like accidents, traffic violations, and a substandard credit score can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
A good piece of advice is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Las Vegas is really not that difficult. If you have a policy now or just want cheaper rates, use these money-saving tips to reduce premiums and still get good coverage. You just have to understand how to compare prices from many companies at once.
Lowering your Audi Allroad auto insurance rates is not rocket science. Just take a couple of minutes comparing rates from some recommended companies.
Comparing rate quotes online is fast and free, and it takes the place of having to call or drive to all the different Las Vegas insurance agencies. Quoting and buying Audi Allroad insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you have a complicated situation and need the personal advice that you can only get from talking to an agent. It is possible with some companies price shop your coverage online and still use a local agent.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Nevada. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that may help make it more affordable. A few discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but some need to be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Good Students Pay Less – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a home in Las Vegas can save a few bucks because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Student Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course as it can save substantially.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for several vehicles with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles can earn lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government can save as much as 8% with a few insurance companies.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
Popular insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for anti-theft, defensive driving training, multiple policy, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, and passive restraint.
- GEICO has discounts for driver training, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO discounts include teen safety rewards, homeowner, multi-car, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include mature driver, teen driver, good student, alternative fuel, and multi-car.
- AAA has savings for multi-car, pay-in-full, good driver, anti-theft, and AAA membership discount.
- USAA offers discounts for defensive driver, military installation, annual mileage, loyalty savings, driver training, and new vehicle.
When comparing rates, check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere. For a list of insurance companies with significant discounts in Las Vegas, click here to view.
Three reasons to insure your Audi vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Audi Allroad in Las Vegas, buying car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a loan, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Audi for a lot more money and make you pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your Audi Allroad but also your assets. It will also cover medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Allroad outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver overpays more than $825 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
When should I have guidance from an insurance agency?
Many drivers just prefer to get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get lower rates and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, just go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
When looking for an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agents can either be exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it can influence the kind of agent you use.
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are highly trained on what they offer which can be an advantage.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Las Vegas willing to provide comparison quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can write business with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing car insurance prices, it’s a good idea to contact independent agents to maximize your price options.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Las Vegas willing to provide price quote information.