The best way to get cheaper Acura TLX insurance in Las Vegas is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers in Nevada. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Try to comprehend what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many factors that cause high rates like high-risk driving behaviors and your credit history can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for more details to get affordable coverage and find overlooked discounts.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit a signed application and payment to your new agent or company. As soon as you can, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
Astonishing but true, 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. Many consumers in America can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to shop their coverage around.
When quoting insurance, remember that comparing all the rates in your area increases your odds of finding lower pricing.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If you want cheaper car insurance in Nevada, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get the most affordable price.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Las Vegas, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your TLX, more than likely the lender will require you to have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Acura at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $750 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Don’t overlook these eight Acura TLX insurance discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize all possible discounts very well, so we break down both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Las Vegas car insurance online. If you do not double check each discount available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Multi-car Discount – Having multiple cars or trucks on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings as much as 30%.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but certain companies permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven’t had any claims before the accident.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in Las Vegas can help you save on auto insurance since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with the same company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car instead of a used TLX is cheaper since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some insurance carriers give a lower premium rate if you buy some life insurance too.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include daytime running lights, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, driver training, and five-year accident-free.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, age of vehicle, multi-car, type of vehicle, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include good student, youthful driver, business and professional, multi-car, pay in full, early shopping, and switch companies.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, mature driver, good student, safe vehicle, anti-theft, and paperless.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for preferred payment discount, newly married, newly retired, teen driver discount, new graduate, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO has discounts for homeowner, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, drive less, and anti-theft.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- USAA may offer discounts for multi-policy, family discount, driver training, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
If you are trying to find affordable Las Vegas car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply everywhere. To find auto insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Nevada, click here.
Compare prices but work with a local Las Vegas insurance agency
A small number of people still like to get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The best thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in Las Vegas.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You’ll get the best rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to compare rates from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Below is a short list of car insurance companies in Las Vegas willing to provide comparison quotes for Acura TLX insurance in Las Vegas.
- State Farm: Gregory A Moore
4312 W Charleston Blvd – Las Vegas, NV 89102 – (702) 870-9298 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Sergio A Chavez
4676 W Charleston Blvd – Las Vegas, NV 89102 – (702) 462-9100 – View Map
- Juan Diaz State Farm®
352 S Jones Blvd – Las Vegas, NV 89107 – (702) 870-0444 – View Map
- Harrison Insurance Agency
724 S 9th St – Las Vegas, NV 89101 – (702) 648-1634 – View Map
Picking the best insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Las Vegas should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Las Vegas?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Nevada?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
After getting reasonable responses and an affordable coverage quote, you have narrowed it down to an provider that is professional and can service your policy.
Best car insurance in Las Vegas
Finding a good quality auto insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Las Vegas. The information in the next section may help you pick which car insurance companies to look at purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Las Vegas Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Las Vegas Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Insurance policy coverages for an Acura TLX
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can be of help when determining the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Liability insurance – This coverage can cover damage that occurs to a person or their property in an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 15/30/10 that means you have a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things such as bail bonds, emergency aid, loss of income, structural damage and medical services. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Nevada state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below shows why the minimum limit may not be adequate coverage.
Collision – This coverage pays for damage to your TLX from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things like scraping a guard rail, hitting a mailbox, damaging your car on a curb, sideswiping another vehicle and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your TLX to save money on collision insurance.
UM/UIM Coverage – This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (15/30/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as vandalism, falling objects, rock chips in glass and hitting a bird. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical costs insurance – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for immediate expenses for things like chiropractic care, funeral costs, pain medications and doctor visits. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
The lowest rates come from being thorough
More affordable auto insurance in Las Vegas is available online in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Las Vegas car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not provide online price quotes and usually these small, regional companies only sell through independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, being labeled a high risk driver, questionable increases in premium or extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)