The recommended way to find better pricing on auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from providers who sell insurance in Las Vegas.
- Try to learn about what is in your policy and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as careless driving and a low credit score can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article provides additional ideas to help prevent expensive coverage and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Notify your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new company or agent. As soon as coverage is bound, put the certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get price estimates from every insurance company. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that nearly 70% of Nevada drivers have remained with the same insurance company for at least four years, and nearly half have never shopped around. Drivers in America could save roughly $860 a year by just comparing quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rates and save money.
How to compare Las Vegas Acura ILX insurance quotes
To get cheaper Las Vegas auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to compare rate quotes from many available car insurance companies in Nevada. The quickest method to find the cheapest insurance rates is to jump online and get quotes.
Doing online price quotes comparisons is so easy that it makes it obsolete to go to different Las Vegas agent offices. Buying insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a complicated situation and need the trained guidance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. If you prefer, some companies allow you to comparison shop online but buy the policy through an agent.
Just remember that more quotes will improve the odds of getting the best offered rates.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide price quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance rates and discounts
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there could be available discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be asked about in order for you to get them. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Payment Method – By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Paper-free Discount – A few larger online companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy over the internet.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts when compared with bad drivers.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but certain companies will forgive one accident without raising rates if you have no claims for a set time period.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better insurance rates if you take out a life policy as well.
- Membership in Organizations – Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, and online signing.
- SAFECO offers discounts including anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, safe driver, and teen safety rewards.
- American Family offers premium reductions for mySafetyValet, accident-free, bundled insurance, early bird, good driver, and good student.
- MetLife may include discounts for accident-free, good driver, defensive driver, multi-policy, good student, claim-free
- GEICO includes discounts for air bags, driver training, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, military active duty, multi-policy, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford has savings for defensive driver, bundle, anti-theft, good student, and driver training.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company the best way to save money. A few discounts might not apply in Las Vegas. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Las Vegas, follow this link.
Insurance is not optional in Nevada
Despite the high cost, buying insurance is mandatory in Nevada but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your ILX, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Acura at a more expensive rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $800 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
How much insurance do I need?
Always remember that when buying insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance should reflect that
For example, these questions can help discover if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
When do I need to talk to an insurance agent?
Many people just want to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap auto insurance rates and still have a local agent. Buying from local agencies is important particularly in Las Vegas.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your auto insurance coverage. You never need to search for an agent as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
When researching local Las Vegas agents, there are two types of insurance agents to choose from. Auto insurance agents in Las Vegas can either be exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get quotes from multiple independent agents to maximize your price options.
Featured below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Las Vegas that may be able to provide pricing information.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These agents can only quote rates from one company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below are Las Vegas exclusive agents that can give you rate quotes.
Tom Ferrier – State Farm Insurance Agent
7528 Westcliff Dr – Las Vegas, NV 89145 – (702) 255-7770 – View Map
Deciding on a auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Before buying a policy in Las Vegas, get answers to these questions.
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Las Vegas?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
After getting positive responses to these questions as well as a price you’re happy with, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that can be relied on to insure your vehicles.