Searching for cheaper insurance for a new or used Toyota Camry in Nevada can be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to make it easier. There are both good and bad ways to buy insurance so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for a new or used Toyota and locate the best price possible either online or from Las Vegas insurance agents.
Unbelievably, the vast majority of insurance customers in Nevada kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Consumers in America can save nearly $850 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they won’t spend time to find cheaper insurance rates.
You should make it a habit to quote other rates on a regular basis since rates change regularly. Even if you got the lowest premium rates on Toyota Camry insurance in Las Vegas at your last renewal you can probably find a better price now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because it’s time to teach you the easiest way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Getting cheaper Toyota Camry auto insurance pricing isn’t really that difficult. The only thing you need to do is take time getting comparison quotes from online providers.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Nevada. In order to find the best cheap auto insurance in Las Vegas, NV, it’s a good idea that you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance rate breakdown
The coverage table shown next highlights detailed analysis of insurance coverage prices for Toyota Camry models. Having a good grasp of how insurance prices are determined is important to be able to make smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in specific Las Vegas garaging location which can increase or decrease premiums considerably.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Toyota Camry annual premium costs for each age group. The rates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper Las Vegas auto insurance rates
The example below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders impact Toyota Camry insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Toyota Camry insurance rates by gender in Las Vegas
The diagram below shows the comparison of Toyota Camry car insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no violations or accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Liability only or full coverage
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Toyota Camry yearly insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The price estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no set rule for phasing out full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Toyota Camry replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing you more than $700 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Why you need quality insurance for your Camry
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Las Vegas, insuring your vehicle is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Camry has a loan, almost all lenders will require you to have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Toyota at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Toyota gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Camry greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $865 each year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Why Smart Buyers Pay Less for Toyota Camry Insurance
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that aid in calculating your policy premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
Stress out and pay more – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupations like fire fighters, air traffic controllers, and accountants tend to pay higher average rates due to job stress and lots of time spent at work. Other jobs like professors, engineers and the unemployed get better rates.
Vehicles with better crash test results means cheaper rates – Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and cheaper rates on your policy.
Single drivers take more risk – Your spouse may cut your premiums when shopping for car insurance. Having a spouse translates into being more responsible and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
Expect high rates for teens – Older, more experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Beginning drivers have been known to be inattentive and easily distracted in a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
The following data is based on a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
An active policy claims history can cost you more – Auto insurance companies in Nevada generally give discounts to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is designed for the large, substantial claims.
Toyota Camry claim data – Insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Models that the statistics show to have higher losses will have a higher cost to insure. The information below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Toyota Camry vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater point to more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Specific Toyota Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||124||100||110||118||127||96|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheap Las Vegas car insurance quotes with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there may be some discounts that can help lower your rates. Many discounts should be triggered at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be asked about before you get the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Having multiple cars with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Buy New and Save – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles may enable drivers to earn cheaper premium rates.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Las Vegas car insurance quote.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Auto/Life Discount – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a discounted car insurance rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
Don’t be surprised that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The example below illustrates the difference between Toyota Camry auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. Data assumes a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Nevada state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, marriage, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
The best car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- American Family offers discounts including early bird, TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, good driver, accident-free, Steer into Savings, and mySafetyValet.
- Nationwide may include discounts for easy pay, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, good student, family plan, and anti-theft.
- MetLife includes discounts for accident-free, defensive driver, good driver, good student, and claim-free.
- 21st Century discounts include defensive driver, automatic seat belts, theft prevention, driver training, student driver, homeowners, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for bundle discounts, pay in full, early shopping, homeowner, teen driver, electronic funds transfer, and distant student.
- Allstate may have discounts that include EZ pay plan discount, anti-lock brakes, utility vehicle, good student, and early signing.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in Las Vegas. If you would like to view insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Las Vegas, click this link.
When to contact an insurance agency
A lot of people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Professional agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance rates and also buy local.
By using this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Las Vegas who will give you bids for your business. You don’t have to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If for some reason you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing a insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- How are claims handled?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is there a local claims center in Las Vegas?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
Shop smart and save
As you prepare to switch companies, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Discount Toyota Camry insurance in Las Vegas is possible online and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not have rates over the internet and most of the time these small insurance companies work with local independent agencies.
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to reduce Toyota Camry insurance rates online in Las Vegas. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers may even find the lowest rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
How to find affordable quotes for Toyota Camry insurance in Las Vegas
It takes a little time, but the best way to find affordable auto insurance rates in Las Vegas is to start doing a yearly price comparison from different companies who sell insurance in Nevada. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Try to comprehend how car insurance works and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many factors that drive up the price like traffic violations and poor credit history can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate in Las Vegas. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application for your new coverage. Immediately store the proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
One thing to remember is to make sure you enter similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to compare as many different companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Additional insurance information is located at these links:
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for 17 Year Olds in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Las Vegas Auto Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)