It’s safe to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Insureds who shop around for the cheapest price will probably switch car insurance companies because of the good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent car insurance study revealed that drivers who compared rates annually saved about $850 each year compared to those who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding low prices for insurance in Las Vegas is the reason for your visit, then having an understanding of the best way to quote and compare insurance rates can save time and money.
The easiest way to find affordable quotes for auto insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from companies that insure vehicles in Las Vegas. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- First, learn about how car insurance works and the things you can control to lower rates. Many factors that drive up the price like accidents, traffic tickets, and a substandard credit history can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Trax coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to compare as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
If you have coverage now or are just looking to switch companies, follow these tips to get lower rates without sacrificing coverage. Obtaining price quotes for the cheapest coverage in Las Vegas is not as hard as you think. Smart buyers just need to use the tricks to quote multiple rates using one simple form.
Shop Chevy Trax insurance online
Most major insurance companies make it easy to get insurance quotes on their websites. Doing online quotes for Chevy Trax insurance in Las Vegas is quite easy as you just type in the coverage amounts you desire as requested by the quote form. Upon sending the form, the quote system automatically retrieves reports for credit and driving violations and provides a quote based on these factors.
The ability to get online rates for Chevy Trax insurance in Las Vegas streamlines rate comparisons, and it is important to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get cheap prices.
If you want to find out what other companies charge, check out the auto insurance providers below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you type in the coverages identical to your current policy. This makes sure you will have a price comparison based on identical coverages.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Las Vegas, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will force you to buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy for a much higher rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Chevy Trax and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average American driver is wasting up to $855 a year so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Educated Choices Result in Lower Insurance Costs
Lots of things are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but others are less obvious like where you live or how financially stable you are. A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the factors that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with lower car insurance prices.
No coverage gaps is important – Not maintaining insurance is against the law and companies may charge more for letting your insurance expire. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Nevada motor vehicle department.
Low physical damage deductibles can be expensive – Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your Chevy. A few examples of covered claims are a broken windshield, collision with an animal, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are required to pay if the claim is covered. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the less your car insurance will be.
Getting married can save on car insurance – Your spouse may save some money when buying car insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are more financially stable and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
What are good liability limits? – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage if ever you are found to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. This coverage provides for a legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Too many insurance claims and you’ll pay more – If you file a lot of claims you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Nevada provide discounts to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Battle of the sexes – Statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. It does not mean females are better drivers. Females and males have auto accidents in similar numbers, but guys tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also receive more major tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Teenage male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
Cut car insurance rates and deter theft – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Advanced theft deterrents like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent vehicle theft.
Chevy Trax insurance loss probability – Insurers analyze historical claim data when determining insurance prices. Models that the data determines to have higher loss trends will have a higher premium rate. The next table shows the loss history for Chevy Trax vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole is considered to be 100. Values that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentages above 100 point to more losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Trax 4dr 2WD||79|
|Chevrolet Trax 4dr 4WD||81|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Does my Chevy Trax need full coverage?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including high prices, lack of trust in their agent, not issuing a premium refund and even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching car insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Las Vegas is attainable both online and with local Las Vegas insurance agents, so you need to shop Las Vegas car insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not offer price quotes online and these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where someone dropped collision coverage only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
More information can be found on the following sites:
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Las Vegas Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Ride Shares in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Immigrants in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)