Truthfully, the best way to get budget car insurance rates in Las Vegas is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies who sell auto insurance in Nevada. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about car insurance and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like accidents, traffic tickets, and a bad credit score can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Keep reading for additional tips to help keep prices low and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A good piece of advice is to use identical coverages on every price quote and and to get prices from all possible companies. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
It’s an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Drivers who shop around once a year will most likely switch car insurance companies because they stand a good chance of finding a more affordable policy. A recent car insurance study revealed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved over $865 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest price for Honda Pilot insurance is your intention, then knowing how to compare insurance can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
If you have a policy now, you should be able to reduce premiums using the concepts you’re about to learn. Choosing the best insurance company for you in Las Vegas is really quite easy. Although Nevada car owners do need to understand how insurance companies charge you for coverage.
Cheap companies for Honda Pilot insurance in Nevada
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Nevada. To locate the best auto insurance in Las Vegas, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Rates and information analytics
The data table displayed next highlights different prices for Honda Pilot models. Understanding how policy rates are established helps drivers make informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pilot LX 2WD||$168||$208||$404||$24||$120||$924||$77|
|Pilot EX 2WD||$190||$208||$404||$24||$120||$946||$79|
|Pilot EX 4WD||$190||$208||$404||$24||$120||$946||$79|
|Pilot EX-L 2WD||$190||$252||$404||$24||$120||$990||$83|
|Pilot EX-L 4WD||$190||$252||$404||$24||$120||$990||$83|
|Pilot Touring 2WD||$190||$252||$404||$24||$120||$990||$83|
|Pilot Touring 4WD||$190||$252||$404||$24||$120||$990||$83|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in your specific Las Vegas location which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates greatly.
The diagram below highlights how deductible choice and can impact Honda Pilot insurance prices for different age categories. The costs are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The illustration below shows how violations and at-fault claims drive up Honda Pilot yearly insurance costs for different age groups. Data assumes a married male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Honda Pilot auto insurance rates with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There isn’t a written rule for dropping physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Honda Pilot book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $8,000 after paying your deductible. If premiums are more than $800 annually to have full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Smart Buyers Can Slash Their Insurance Costs
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that are used to determine the rates you pay for car insurance. When you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that may result in lower premium levels.
You may save more by bundling policies – The majority of car insurance companies provide discounts to policyholders who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount, you still need to shop around to ensure the best deal.
Married drivers get cheaper premiums – Walking down the aisle may cut your premiums on your car insurance bill. Having a spouse translates into being more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Gender impacts premiums – Statistics demonstrate that females take fewer risks when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Males and females have accidents at a similar rate, but the males tend to have higher claims. Men also get higher numbers of serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Male teenagers are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Honda Pilot premium costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims or driving violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Long commutes cost more – Driving more miles annually the more you will pay for car insurance. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s a smart idea to ensure your car insurance policy states the correct usage, because it can save money. Having the wrong rating on your Pilot may be wasting your money.
Credit rating impact car insurance costs – Having a good credit score factor in calculating your premium rate. So if your credit rating can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your Honda Pilot by improving your credit score. Drivers who have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with bad credit.
Liability insurance is cheap – Your policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Cars with good safety ratings means cheaper premiums – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Highly rated vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts and cheaper rates on your policy.
Claims statistics for a Honda Pilot – Insurance companies analyze historical claim data to help determine costs. Models that the statistics show to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have a higher cost to insure.
The table shown below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Honda Pilot vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is considered to be 100. Values that are below 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Honda Pilot 4dr 2WD||70||96||69||82||82||86|
|Honda Pilot 4dr 4WD||79||105||81||88||74||82|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper Honda Pilot insurance in Las Vegas with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has both well-publicized and also the lesser-known ways to save on auto insurance. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Paperless Signup – Certain larger companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors may qualify for lower premium rates.
- Professional Memberships – Joining a civic or occupational organization in Las Vegas could qualify you for a break when shopping for auto insurance.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Honda could earn lower auto insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Driving Data Discount – Las Vegas drivers who agree to allow data collection to track driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on Pilot insurance in Las Vegas.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Las Vegas car insurance quote when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some companies provide a discount for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current Pilot insurance policy. You could save around 10% when you buy Las Vegas car insurance online.
Just know that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
The diagram below compares Honda Pilot insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The prices are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Nevada state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
To view insurance companies that offer discounts in Las Vegas, follow this link.
Comparing prices from local Las Vegas insurance agencies
Some consumers just want to go talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. A nice benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to agents in your area that provide free Las Vegas car insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. Get lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. A good agent in Las Vegas will have answers to these questions.
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
Insurance agent types
When researching an insurance agent, there are a couple of different agency structures to choose from. Las Vegas agents are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents write business for a single company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
The following are Las Vegas exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
These type of agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they have the ability to put coverage through many different auto insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Las Vegas who can help you get price quote information.
Nationwide Insurance: Sage Insurance Services Inc Agency
1081 S Cimarron Rd, Ste B56 – Las Vegas, NV 89145 – (702) 613-0000 – View Map
After getting answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have and locked in a price quote, you may have found an insurance agency that is reputable and can service your policy. Just remember policyholders can terminate coverage whenever you want so never assume you are locked into your new company for a certain time period.
It’s not one size fits all
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are unique to you so your insurance should reflect that
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Honda Pilot is totaled?
- Who is covered when they drive my Honda Pilot?
- What is the ISO rating for a Honda Pilot?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- What is glass protection for?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Quote often and quote early
We covered many tips how you can get a better price on Honda Pilot insurance in Las Vegas. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell through local independent agents. More affordable car insurance in Las Vegas is available online as well as from independent agents in Las Vegas, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Much more information about car insurance in Nevada can be read below:
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Good Students in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Malibu in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Felons in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Las Vegas Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Las Vegas Auto Insurance Rates with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)