Amazingly, most car insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and almost half have never compared rates from other carriers. Many drivers in Nevada could cut their rates by approximately 35% a year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
The best way to save money on Chrysler Sebring insurance in Las Vegas is to compare prices at least once a year from companies who provide car insurance in Nevada. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- First, try to understand what is in your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many rating factors that increase rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and a poor credit score can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. Keep reading for more ideas to help reduce premium rates and earn a bigger discount.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One tip to remember is that you use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. This provides a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Just remember that comparing more prices will increase your chances of finding the best rates.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Nevada. To locate cheap auto insurance in Las Vegas, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Protect your Sebring and other assets
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chrysler Sebring in Las Vegas, paying for insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Chrysler, more than likely the lender will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chrysler at a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Chrysler but also your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $750 every year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to ensure rates are inline.
Rates and other information
The information displayed below outlines a range of insurance coverage prices for Chrysler Sebring models. Being aware of how policy premiums are determined is important for drivers to make informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sebring Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$126||$292||$324||$20||$96||$858||$72|
|Sebring Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$126||$292||$324||$20||$96||$858||$72|
|Sebring LX 2-Dr Convertible||$142||$292||$324||$20||$96||$874||$73|
|Sebring Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$142||$292||$324||$20||$96||$874||$73|
|Sebring Limited 2-Dr Convertible||$160||$336||$324||$20||$96||$936||$78|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in specific location information which can increase or decrease insurance rates significantly.
The diagram below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can change Chrysler Sebring insurance costs for each age group. The prices are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Auto insurance rates based on gender
The example below compares Chrysler Sebring auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no violations or claims, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Chrysler Sebring car insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The price estimates are based on no violations or claims, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There isn’t a written rule to stop paying for full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Chrysler Sebring claim settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after paying your deductible. If it’s costing you more than $400 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Lower your insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance companies do not list their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find ways to save on insurance.
- Drivers Education – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Professional Memberships – Being a member of a professional or civic organization may earn a discount when shopping for insurance.
- Government Employee Discount – Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Las Vegas auto insurance with certain companies.
- Claim-Free Discount – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Life Insurance – Larger insurance companies have lower prices if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The information below illustrates the difference between Chrysler Sebring car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Nevada state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
The best insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for distant student, homeowner, bundle discounts, alternative fuel, and early shopping.
- State Farm has discounts for safe vehicle, passive restraint, good student, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include newly married, exclusive group savings, newly retired, new vehicle discount, and new graduate.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, good driver, accident-free, claim-free, good student, defensive driver
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in Las Vegas. To view insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Las Vegas, follow this link.
Insurance agents can find coverage gaps
Many people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this short form, the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Las Vegas that provide free Las Vegas auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to your email. You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, just go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking an company needs to be determined by more than just the price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Las Vegas?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a local Las Vegas insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they operate. Car insurance policy providers are either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company and examples are Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are trained well on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Las Vegas that can give you rate quotes.
Juan Diaz – State Farm Insurance Agent
1718 S Eastern Ave – Las Vegas, NV 89104 – (702) 489-4242 – View Map
Farmers Insurance – Nino Jimenez
3375 Glen Ave #10 – Las Vegas, NV 89121 – (702) 696-1606 – View Map
Luria Walker – State Farm Insurance Agent
3124 N Rainbow Blvd – Las Vegas, NV 89108 – (702) 645-3300 – View Map
Independent agents are not restricted to one company so they can write business with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. When comparing rates, you will definitely want to contact at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison.
Shown below are Las Vegas independent insurance agencies that can give you rate quotes.
2511 Stewart Ave – Las Vegas, NV 89101 – (702) 721-7575 – View Map
Lanny Maren CIG Insurance Las Vegas
4175 S Riley St #200 – Las Vegas, NV 89147 – (702) 597-5998 – View Map
Nationwide Insurance: Sage Insurance Services Inc Agency
1081 S Cimarron Rd, Ste B56 – Las Vegas, NV 89145 – (702) 613-0000 – View Map
Las Vegas car insurance company ratings
Finding the top insurer can be challenging considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Nevada. The rank data displayed below may help you analyze which auto insurers you want to consider comparing rates from.
Top 10 Las Vegas Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Las Vegas Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Lower rates by being persistent
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, someone sacrificed full coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
You just read quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Chrysler Sebring insurance in Las Vegas. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates are with the smaller companies. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
To learn more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for College Students in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Felons in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Las Vegas Auto Insurance Rates for State Employees? (FAQ)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)