Trying to find cheaper insurance for a Hyundai Elantra in Nevada can be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips and make it easy.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for car insurance and you need to know the quickest way to quote coverages for a Hyundai and obtain the best price possible either online or from Las Vegas insurance agents.
The best way to compare rate quotes for Hyundai Elantra insurance in Las Vegas is to realize most insurance companies allow for online access to give rate comparisons. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide information including if you have a valid license, types of safety features, how your vehicles are used, and your credit rating estimate. The data is submitted instantly to multiple different insurance companies and they respond with quotes almost instantly.
To compare rates for your Hyundai Elantra now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Nevada. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
Analysis of Hyundai Elantra rates
The rate table displayed next outlines estimates of rate quotes for Hyundai Elantra models. Learning more about how policy premiums are formulated can aid in making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$164||$260||$268||$16||$80||$788||$66|
|Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$164||$374||$314||$18||$94||$964||$80|
|Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$188||$374||$314||$18||$94||$988||$82|
|Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$188||$374||$314||$18||$94||$988||$82|
|Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$188||$318||$268||$16||$80||$870||$73|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle location which can affect coverage prices considerably.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Hyundai Elantra insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Insurance rate increases from tickets or accidents
The diagram below demonstrates how citations and accident claims increase Hyundai Elantra yearly insurance costs for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Full coverage or liability only
The information below illustrates the difference between Hyundai Elantra car insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop full coverage
There isn’t a written rule to eliminate comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of full coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s say your Hyundai Elantra book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If premium cost is more than $500 annually for full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where dropping full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
These ten discounts can lower Hyundai Elantra insurance rates
Car insurance companies do not list every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Las Vegas car insurance online.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could save nearly 15% which can help you find inexpensive Hyundai Elantra insurance in Las Vegas.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some insurance companies give lower rates if you buy a life policy as well.
- E-sign Discounts – Some companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on your computer.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Passing a defensive driving course may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy can get you a discount since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Professional Memberships – Participating in a professional or civic organization could earn you a nice discount on your next insurance statement.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving less may allow you to get cheaper insurance rates.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a house in Las Vegas can save a few bucks since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The example below shows the difference between Hyundai Elantra auto insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The prices are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Nevada state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, marriage, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
Companies who may offer these money-saving discounts possibly include:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in Las Vegas. For a list of insurance companies who offer cheap Hyundai Elantra insurance quotes in Las Vegas, click this link.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Hyundai Elantra insurance, car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability if you want to drive legally. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Elantra with a loan, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Hyundai at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Car insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average driver in Nevada overpays as much as $820 a year so you should quote rates at least once a year to save money.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
Always keep in mind that when comparing a policy for your vehicles, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. You are unique and your car insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Car insurance agents can help
A small number of people would rather buy from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is you may find lower car insurance rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting local agents is still important in Las Vegas.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to participating agents in Las Vegas who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to drive around because prices are sent to you directly. If you wish to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you can always visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Below are agents in Las Vegas that can give you price quotes for Hyundai Elantra insurance in Las Vegas.
- Insurance Specialists – Auto and Home Agency
5025 S Eastern Ave #20 – Las Vegas, NV 89119 – (702) 307-3398 – View Map
- LaDonna Koeller – State Farm Insurance Agent
4275 N Rancho Dr #155 – Las Vegas, NV 89130 – (702) 636-9447 – View Map
- State Farm: Eric James
1350 E Flamingo Rd #14 – Las Vegas, NV 89119 – (702) 836-0953 – View Map
- Andy Ballagh – State Farm Insurance Agent
7455 W Azure Dr Suite 110 – Las Vegas, NV 89130 – (702) 562-7504 – View Map
Picking the best insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- How many years have they been established?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Who are their largest clients?
Information about specific coverages
Learning about specific coverages of your policy helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are the usual coverages offered by insurance companies.
Auto liability insurance – This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 15/30/10 which means $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as legal defense fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, funeral expenses, structural damage and medical services. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Nevada requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
The chart below shows why buying low liability limits may not be adequate.
Collision coverage – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Elantra resulting from a collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things such as driving through your garage door, colliding with a tree and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your Elantra to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for medical payments – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills for hospital visits, funeral costs and X-ray expenses. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Hyundai Elantra.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (Nevada limits are 15/30/10), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive coverages – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like falling objects, vandalism, fire damage, damage from getting keyed and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.