When looking for more affordable insurance, do you get confused by the number of car insurance providers in your area? You’re not alone. Nevada consumers have so many options that it can really be a burden to find better prices for Buick Verano insurance in Las Vegas. If you’ve ever been there, you know that Las Vegas is a great city to raise a family in, but high car insurance prices makes it difficult to make ends meet.
It’s hard to fathom, but most car insurance customers have remained with the same car insurance company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. Consumers in Las Vegas could save an average of almost $550 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue the rate savings if they switched.
Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Las Vegas is much easier if you know where to start. If you have a current auto insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using the techniques presented in this article. But Nevada drivers must comprehend how insurance companies compete online because it can help you find the best coverage.
Why Your Insurance Premiums might be higher
Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating the price you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you better car insurance rates.
- Cheaper rates after marriage – Your spouse may earn you lower rates when buying car insurance. Having a significant other means you’re more responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents systems cut rates – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help stop auto theft.
- Do safer cars cost less to insure? – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safer cars protect occupants better and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less and lower rates for you. If your Buick scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may be receiving a better rate.
- Prevent coverage lapses – Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse is a guaranteed way to bump up your car insurance costs. In addition to paying higher premiums, getting caught without coverage could result in fines and jail time. You may then be required to file a SR-22 with the Nevada department of motor vehicles.
Insurance loss data for Buick Verano vehicles – Insurers analyze historical claim data to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claims will have higher premium rates. The table below outlines the insurance loss data used by companies for Buick Verano vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, equals 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage values above 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Buick Verano Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Verano 92 96 85 109 127 126BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When comparison shopping, comparing a large number of companies helps you find the best offered rates. Not every company provides price estimates online, so it’s important to compare quotes from them as well.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If your goal is to find cheaper auto insurance in Nevada, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Best reasons to buy car insurance in Nevada
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Buick in Las Vegas, insurance is required in Nevada but also provides important benefits.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Verano, it’s most likely the lender will require that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Buick at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
Third, car insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver overpays more than $869 every year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Get cheaper rates on Buick Verano insurance in Las Vegas with these auto insurance discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be available discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain reductions will be credited at quote time, but some discounts are required to be asked for before they will apply.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Good Driver Discount – Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction with some auto insurance companies.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Teen drivers should complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Online Discount – A few larger online companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks get Las Vegas auto insurance on your computer.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring multiple cars with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Las Vegas Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Las Vegas can save you money because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new Verano can be considerably cheaper because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- GEICO may offer discounts for good student, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, daytime running lights, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers includes discounts for home ownership, good student, payment discounts, multi-policy, early quote, and new car.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include accident-free, family plan, easy pay, defensive driving, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for good student, alternative fuel, bundle discounts, multi-car, and early shopping.
- Esurance discounts include anti-theft, multi-policy, paid-in-full, homeowner, good student, anti-lock brakes, and defensive driver.
- State Farm has discounts for accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, and anti-theft.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for professional/association, multi-policy, multi-car, low natural disaster claims, good driver, accident-free, and age of vehicle.
When comparing rates, check with all the companies the best way to save money. Savings might not be offered in Las Vegas.
Should I get advice from an insurance agency?
Many people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision The best thing about getting online price quotes is you may find cheaper rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Las Vegas who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to compare rates from one company in particular, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on an insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- What companies can they write with?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
If you would like to find a good Las Vegas insurance agent, there are a couple of different agency structures that you can select. Agents are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are highly trained on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers sometimes use the same agent mainly due to the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Las Vegas who can help you get price quotes.
- LaDonna Koeller – State Farm Insurance Agent
4275 N Rancho Dr #155 – Las Vegas, NV 89130 – (702) 636-9447 – View Map
- Franco Vitiello – State Farm Insurance Agent
3370 S Hualapai Way #140 – Las Vegas, NV 89117 – (702) 648-6642 – View Map
- Kate Lowe – State Farm Insurance Agent
10198 W Flamingo Rd #130 – Las Vegas, NV 89147 – (702) 363-4500 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type can quote rates with many companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part. When comparison shopping, you need to check rates from independent agents to maximize your price options. Most can insure with lesser-known insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Las Vegas who can help you get price quote information.
- Insurance Specialists – Auto and Home Agency
5025 S Eastern Ave #20 – Las Vegas, NV 89119 – (702) 307-3398 – View Map
- Alliance Insurance Agency
1955 E Tropicana Ave h – Las Vegas, NV 89119 – (702) 518-6727 – View Map
- Omega Insurance Brokerage
3301 W Spring Mountain Rd – Las Vegas, NV 89102 – (702) 685-0170 – View Map
Once you have received good responses and an acceptable price quote, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that is professional and can properly service your car insurance policy.
How much auto insurance do I need?
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online, there really is no one size fits all plan. You are unique.
For example, these questions might help in determining if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Should I rate my Buick Verano as pleasure use or commute?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Will my Buick Verano be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Shop around and save
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, unfair underwriting practices, questionable increases in premium or poor customer service. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching auto insurance companies is not as hard as you think.
We just showed you many ideas to find cheaper Buick Verano insurance in Las Vegas. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from the smaller companies.
Budget-conscious Buick Verano insurance is definitely available on the web and with local Las Vegas insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not have online rate quotes and usually these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
Steps to buying cheaper Buick Verano insurance in Las Vegas
The recommended way to get more affordable Buick Verano insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers that insure vehicles in Las Vegas.
- First, try to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as traffic violations, accidents, and poor credit history can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
An important part of this process is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Good Students in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Company Car in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Las Vegas Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Las Vegas Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Las Vegas Auto Insurance Quotes for a Kia Optima? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Government Employees in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Las Vegas Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tundra? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for First-time Drivers in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers in Las Vegas? (FAQ)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)